ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Cables - Urgent Help Needed!

Black-Gold 182
Hi all,

Really need some help here. I've snapped one of my handbrake cables, and have just jacked it up to look at the damage. The one side, is totaly gone (which had snapped), but the other side is corroded to hell.

Problem is, I can't find anywhere that stocks handbrake cables for the 182! Renault main stealers are saying "factory order" and I'm looking at tuesday before the parts arrive. Thing is, car is in bits as I thought it'd be a quick order!

Anyone got a contact in the midlands area (I'm near Lichfield). Really need it today or tomorrow morning, so if anyone has any contacts please message me or reply to this post ASAP!

Cheers guys.

Ads

BMW M135i
Probably going to be stuffed and have to get them from renault, can't anywhere else having them. Tuesday will be the quickest they can get them at this point. Time to start parking with it in gear until then, you've still got handbrake on one side though yeah?

Black-Gold 182
I did have... right up until we took that side off also. I'm now driving around without a handbrake at all.

Ah well, guess it's a phone call to the main stealers then...

Black-Gold 182
Yeah - that's what I thought - AH!

I'm thinking it's fudged as really badly frayed. What's the verdict on using other cables on it? Are the handbrake cables specific for the 182?