ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handbrake gaitors

i want a new gaitor, surround handle etc..

how do i know what fits my car?? anyones in particular? or should they all.

how do u get the old one off as its rectangular? does that mean i need special replacement ones?

help

thanx

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I think youve got to take a knife to the old one to take it off. New ones generally come with different sized inserts to ensure a decent fit.

Rick

yea you do have to cut the handle off. some handbrake cover will not fit, for example the ripspeed one. im oon the process of fitting one of these at the mo. having to file a bit away from the bottom of the inner b4 it will go over.is fair bit of effort

Pete

The old clios are hard too find replacements for as their square, if yout just buying a new gaiter, material ones are usually universal, go into a shop and ask can you look at 1 opened up and judge for yourself

Got a momo one on mine a total mailto:tw@t">tw@t to get the old one off the momo ones have 4 screws that go around so you get a good fit expensive but look the mutz nutz