ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handbrake inbalance

Laguna sport tourer
had my MOT today car passed but they gave me an advisery as the offside rear handbrake was only just holding, the footbrake was perfect and the handbrake travel was normal. Does anyone know a way of adjusting the balance as i thought they were automatic adjusters on these.
also all the cables look ok so i've kinda ran out of ideas on this one.

any help would be greatly appricated:D
James

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Could be the caliper itself, had to replace mine because of an imbalance. Remove the handbrake cable from the lever of the caliper that's only just holding, then use an extension bar or something on the lever to make sure that when it's pulled by the handbrake it does actually apply the brake. At least then you can rule out a caliper fault..

Handbrake cable itself is about 60 quid I think..

Laguna sport tourer
Could be the caliper itself, had to replace mine because of an imbalance. Remove the handbrake cable from the lever of the caliper that's only just holding, then use an extension bar or something on the lever to make sure that when it's pulled by the handbrake it does actually apply the brake. At least then you can rule out a caliper fault..

Handbrake cable itself is about 60 quid I think..
thanks:approve: i will try this abit later when i can be bothered to brave the cold lol

Laguna sport tourer
It would seem the caliper is knackered :(as there seems to be no resistance on the lever.

Im beginning to wonder if the stupid car is ever gonna stop breaking the bloody things already had £700 spent on it this month :banghead:

anyway thanks for all your help guys:approve: