ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handbrake sticking

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
I was driving to town last night when i heard a repeated thud from the back passenger side wheel of my clio, I braked, and I could 'feel' this thud through the brake pedal. Had a look at it and couldn't see anything obviously wrong in the dark, so went to drive home slowly. I dropped my mate off at his, and when i went to back out of his drive the wheels were stuck as if the handbrake was still on. His dad owns a bodyshop and came out to look at it, he said the handbrake is sticking, drove it forward and backwards a few times and freed it up. I left it overnight in gear with the handbrake off, but this morning it was the same thing and i could barely get it backed out of the garage. The thing is, the problem seems to be worse when reversing, if i manage to slide out in reverse and then drive forward a bit it comes unstuck most of the time. is this the handbrake sticking, and if so is there a way i can fix it? I'm meant to be driving to Southampton tomorrow, but not feeling too confident i'll make ti if this problem keeps up.

Cheers

Tom

Dynamique Flamer
This happened on the car i used to drive! We ended up having all brakes replaced etc and the garage said complete parts to my brakes were missing yours doesnt seem as bad as its only the handbrake thats being affected (my normal brakes were also doing this) be very careful if you attempt to drive it!

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Been to the garage to sort it, just thought i'd post what happened in case it happens to anyone else. The brake shoe had come off on the one side, which was the feeling i got through the brake pedal, and then through driving it home and to the garage today i screwed up the drum as well, so now i need the shoe and drum replacing, which won't be very cheap. If this does happen to you, do not drive it and you may save the drum being ruined