ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook Evo V12 now in stock - camskill (205/45/16)

a thirsty one
holla

just posting up to say camskill now have these back in stock I know they have been out for a while now I just ordered myself 4 should be with me 4th Jan according to the courier.

john

E46 M3
Ordered some of these last night, ive been waiting for them to come in to stock for months hoping that my current tyres last. Beat the VAT increase too.

a thirsty one
as promised turned up this morning 9am and the build week on the tyre wall is week 45 in 2010 so not been sat around long either, nice fresh rubber.

just a shame i dont actully need them for a few months

Not a 320d
I think i need to pull my finger out and get these ordered or theyll be out of stock again. dont suppose we get discount do we?

a thirsty one
not at camskill no but you could always try asking for free p+p if you order over the phone worth a shot.

Artic Blue 182 FF
You Guys not got a TyreLand about? beacuse they are Hankook suppliers I just drove In and had them fitted with no issues what so ever. Had been waiting for camskill but mehh the saving was minimal and with this VAT increase I got them before christmas. Tyre seems pretty good so far.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much are you guys paying?

I'm 225/40/17! :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
V12's Coming around £70 a pop! Bargain central!

Anyone rate Pzeros or Potenza's at all, the contact sport 2's aren't a bad price either.

FRP is wearing Goodyear F1's gds3's just now all round.

Not a 320d
I think for me its £75 ish a corner. Im gutted i really am. My fronts are on the bloody limit. Im considering RS2's now just because im desperate.

Not a 320d
Surely elsewhere on tinternet stocks them ffs...........

My local garages are quoting me £120 a corner :S

RS Clio 182
Had the Hankooks put on yesterday and on fairly leisurely driving so far (have given it some through one or two corners mind) they seem pretty good.

Had Pirelli P7000's on when I bought it which were really good and my last set were PNeroZero's which cost £125 each for 2 fronts (got caught short with a bad puncture whilst over the road from a kwik fit :eek:) for 205/40/17s

These Hankooks I got for £71 a corner delivered plus £10 a corner fitting, done all 4 corners this time as 3 had gone illegal and the other was pretty near the limit.

I'd say the Pirelli's were a little more progressive and had more feeling to them but not by a great margin and considering these Hankooks were £200 cheaper all told I'm well impressed.

Not a 320d
Got myself booked in at a local garage who can supply the v12's for £280 fitted. He is adament that the Hankook V12 evo is an economy tyre.

Clio 197
Got myself booked in at a local garage who can supply the v12's for £280 fitted. He is adament that the Hankook V12 evo is an economy tyre.

have you tried mytyres?

Some of the stories they come out with in tyre fitting shops are utter b****cks! Even when you buy online and go to a tyre place to get it fitted for a tenner they are always adamant they could have done it cheaper and the tyre you have bought is dog s**t..makes me laugh!

Artic Blue 182 FF
Didnt EVO rate the EVO V12 as like one of the best tyres in poor weather conditions in the tyre test against things like conti's and the Pilots. The other tyres that did well where the Uniroyal Rainsports. Just beacuse a tyre doesnt cost a stupid price doesnt make it an economy tyre.(TOYO PROXY T1R) Course they would say that they want you to walk out with 4 tyres they will make a killing out of you for!

Not a 320d
have you tried mytyres?

Some of the stories they come out with in tyre fitting shops are utter b****cks! Even when you buy online and go to a tyre place to get it fitted for a tenner they are always adamant they could have done it cheaper and the tyre you have bought is dog s**t..makes me laugh!

Yeah, i dont think theyare the cheapest by all means, they matched me an internet price. But Camskill are not much less delivered. I hate dealing with garages, they are utter t***s in some places. Right car charge £50 an hour labour HAHAHAH

535d / t5 caravelle
have you tried mytyres?

i just got told they could have supplied hankook rs2's £70-80 fitted :rolleyes: yeah right

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive just fitted 4x new v12's. First impression very good. Much better than what i had. Oh and great service by Camskill

Dan

Ph1 172
lol this is the only forum ive ever been on that has slated T1R's.

imo they are a good tyre, not exactly budget. 172 doesnt have enough grunt to trouble them anyway, i had them on my 200bhp turbo EG civic before this one and they coped well enough.

Not a 320d
Go to Garage (who have had a week to order and get them in stock) and they dont have them in. Said theyd ring me if they had any trouble. Would be in for thursday just turn up sort of thing. FECK. Im f**king busy now and if they dont get them in by tomorrow im going elsewhere.

I am dissapoint.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
lol this is the only forum ive ever been on that has slated T1R's.

imo they are a good tyre, not exactly budget. 172 doesnt have enough grunt to trouble them anyway, i had them on my 200bhp turbo EG civic before this one and they coped well enough.

It's not a case of grunt really though is it. The true test of a good tyre is how well it works on corners. You can go just as fast round a corner in a 1.2.
It's all a case of coming out the other side...

Not a 320d
Well had mine on since yesterday, theyre new tyres (obv) and the roads have been damp, yet they grip better - far far better. Car feels more stable, more planted round corners, less juddering through the steering column when cornering. Not ragged them yet obviously, but as they are at the moment, theres definately a clear indication theyre going to let go, im hoping it will improve further as they go along. Only gripe, is at 32psi the fronts seem to sway a little bit, but like i said ive not had a chance to play with them yet so i may be wrong. Acceleration seems less effort, I mean my old tyres felt s**t but these feel great all round.