ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HANS Device for Trackdays

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I’ve ordered a HANS device but as said how far do you go ? Full fireproof suit ? plus I always take a passenger, becomes expensive when you have to buy 2 of everything

Surely the onus is on the passengers to have their own protection?

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve ordered a HANS device but as said how far do you go ? Full fireproof suit ? plus I always take a passenger, becomes expensive when you have to buy 2 of everything

I was having this conversation in my head the other week! Currently I've got a single bucket seat and harness, the passenger has a standard seat & belt. I rarely take passengers on track, but I do get tuition. I wondered if having better gear for myself but not the passenger was a bit of a dick move.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I have a full race suit but it doesn't fit now.

Still wear my Sparco dancing shoes - the clio pedals are too close for my size 11s - and an OMP Nomex long sleeve under my hoodie.

I have another Hans device on the way to go with my new helmet as the one I sold to Rich was never used, and it wouldn't fit over my broad shoulders anyway. 🤣

200.gif

Gloves, along with a fireproof balaclava, are essentials.

I appreciate seeing people take track days seriously by investing in the proper gear. It sets the right tone and demonstrates a commitment to safety. A track day isn’t cheap, and in my view, it should be about learning new skills and having fun, not compromised by idiots who don’t respect the experience.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Helmet, hans, fireproof balaclava/gloves at a minimum

Full suit is a bit much for trackdays, nomex underlayer looks less try hard if you want to go that far.
Thats where I am, put it under the jeans and top and you'll hardly know,.

My mate races and has an actual race car and is pretty handy so when he rocks up wearing full kit he gets away with iut

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I have been tempted to get my race suit out, not done it yet but I think it would be loads comfier. I find it with Karting as well, using the kit makes it loads more comfortable than jeans and a t-shirt might just do it next year. Who cares.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I have been tempted to get my race suit out, not done it yet but I think it would be loads comfier. I find it with Karting as well, using the kit makes it loads more comfortable than jeans and a t-shirt might just do it next year. Who cares.
Yeah much more comfortable and safer. All about personal safety, fook everybody else. If you've got a suit, go for it. My mate went to my track day in his full race kit. There's only a few seconds a lap difference, anyway, so it's going to hurt either way.