ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Happy to be a clio 172 owner.....well almost

Clio 172
So i got my 172 last week having it sat in someones driveway for 6months neglected i jumped at the chance of taking care of it. Out of the box it was jumpy and stuttery i put this down to lying unused for so long however with the problem persisting after running a cleaner through to loosen things up i came across the forum and the usefull advice and the car is now going in tomorrow for new plugs and coil packs hopefully this will clear the problem as its been teasing me with the power it holds having had mods exhaust manifold ,map and air filter i cannot understand why its lay like this as its so much fun:))

Clio 172
So after thinking it was coil packs or plugs it turns out when the car was decated the lambda sensor was wrapped round and tied onto itself thus distrupting the emissions god knows how long this has been like this and may explain the cars chequered past but a new downpipe, cat and service later the cars back in buisness happy days picking her up tomorrow cant wait:D

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Well went to the garage to pick her up and found to my surprise upon leaving its still misfiring with the new cat an sensors back in place anyone got any ideas to resolve this problem??

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'd be taking it back to the garage asap to get them to plug in into diagnostics machine and seeing what it says, before spending any more money on parts tbh mate.

What plugs did they put in as these cars can run rough when not using the factory fitted NGK platinum plugs.

Clio 172
Im not sure what kind of plugs are on it as i havnt had them changed when the car first went in the post cat lambda sensor was hanging off as there was no cat so automatically i assumed this was the problem however a new cat and with the sensor back in place still no joy and the car looking back through MOT history has moved 20000 miles in 6 years strange to sa the least so im now changing the PRE CAT lambda sensor as ive been told that is what regulates your fuel mix emissions light flags up but no error codes apparently these dont flag up a error code until totally useless?

Clio 172
So phonecall from garage ten mins ago PRE CAT lambda was gubbed new one attached and car is as good as new cant wait to get her and this time shes fixed up properly and running 100%:)))

Clio 172
Runnin like a dream what a car too think i used to laugh at these i was sorely mistaken that said ive never been happier to be proven wrong:)