ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hard drive help!!

Fiesta ST3
i have a external drive thats 250gb and full of family pics that i will not be able to replace and last night it came up with the drive in disk L is not formatted ? format now...
any ideas anyone?
in explorer it shows as still being full only something like 13gb spare but i just can access it?
thanks in advance ady

RB 182
try checking its health in control panel > administrative tools > computer management , then click disk management, look on the right under your external hard drive ,does it say healthy on it or?

57 Clio Campus Sport
DO NOT FORMAT!

You said it is family pics you can't replace? I suggest downloading a data recovery program. I suggest one called 'Recover My Files', I used it when it happened to me a few months back and got most of my stuff back

Fiesta ST3
update....
used a program called easy recovery pro and managed to get everything back the drive has now been replaced with a 1tb seagate i did alot of digging around on the net and i kept finding it was mainly western digital hard drives that went this way so i opened the toshiba case up to find a wd hard drive sat there:dapprove:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
update....
used a program called easy recovery pro and managed to get everything back the drive has now been replaced with a 1tb seagate i did alot of digging around on the net and i kept finding it was mainly western digital hard drives that went this way so i opened the toshiba case up to find a wd hard drive sat there:dapprove:

I was going to suggest easy recovery. It's very good. As for the drive you usually get that error when you unplug it without using the remove hardware in the task bar whilst its still read/writing to the drive.