ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness' in 182

With Cadwell Park around the corner, I'm so tempted to get harness' in the 182.

How easy are they to fit? Can someone post a guide on how to fit them?

Thanks

dont think they are too hard to fit mate, and definately make a difference.. we stripped, fitted buckets and harnesses to DiBraggio's cup in about 2/3 hours

Just a thought, if you have harness'. How would you go about the seat belt noise? buy another seat belt buckle to plug in while using the harness or disconnect a wire?

Lee

BMW M2C
If you are only going to use the harnesses when on track you can just let it beep, it stops after a minute.

I really want some in the Trophy for track days.

I might be tempted to keep them in for the road also?

Any ideas on how easy they are to fit Lee?

Lee

BMW M2C
Jay said:
I might be tempted to keep them in for the road also?

Any ideas on how easy they are to fit Lee?

In the Trophy it's awkward as you have to drill into the metal base bits they use for the seats.

Most people take the rear seats out and attach the back part to the rear seat belt base mount points. I don't know how you attach the lap part though. I'm sure Fred will be along at some point to explain.

I really want some I can take out easily just for track days.

Lee

BMW M2C
Good lad. I'll be interested to see how you fit them. I really do want some just for track days.

I dont think you will have anywhere to fix it into the standard subframe on the lower connection to the left of the driver seat.

I have one on mine but have a different subframe and a bucket seat.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Mine in the Trophy. Was a bit disturbing taking the drill to the subframes, but very easy to do really and well worth it once you've got them adjusted nicely.

harnesses6.jpg

harnesses7.jpg

harnesses5.jpg

harnesses2.jpg

harnesses4.jpg

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
nope, will be more difficult with the standard seat runners i would think

Oh nuts, any ideas how to fit them to the standard subframes?

Nik what have you done about not using your seat belt i.e. beeping noise?

Get the seatbelt buckle off of an accident damaged car and cut it off the nylon webbing and just plug it in when you are using the harness' would be easy enough.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah, its not that annoying really, would be if you used the harnesses every day though i guess, i just use them on track and the beepings normally stopped before the end of the first lap.

I wonder what happens with airbags in this case? Would they still go off without a belt plugged in?

Loony said:
Get the seatbelt buckle off of an accident damaged car and cut it off the nylon webbing and just plug it in when you are using the harness' would be easy enough.

Did think that, good idea.

Renaultsport 220T
Nik said:
Yeah, its not that annoying really, would be if you used the harnesses every day though i guess, i just use them on track and the beepings normally stopped before the end of the first lap.

I wonder what happens with airbags in this case? Would they still go off without a belt plugged in?

Isn't there a pressure sensor in the seat itself, or is that for the pretensioners only?

I got mine all turned off on the clip.

Jay, think the lap belts should be bolted through the floor really.

Renaultsport 220T
Serg said:
these any good? im guessing they kinda lock the seatbelt to hold you better?

Yeah, they lock the lap part of the belt around your waist. Pretty good value for what they do.

Lee

BMW M2C
sm_wrc said:
Yeah, they lock the lap part of the belt around your waist. Pretty good value for what they do.
The only problem is that I want the bit across my shoulder locked. lol It does it all the time at junctions when I need to look around though!

Renaultsport 220T
Lee said:
The only problem is that I want the bit across my shoulder locked. lol It does it all the time at junctions when I need to look around though!

You should try getting anything off the top of the dash, or out of the glove box or even closing the door, if you forget leaving it fully open.

LOL

Lee

BMW M2C
sm_wrc said:
You should try getting anything off the top of the dash, or out of the glove box or even closing the door, if you forget leaving it fully open.

LOL

That's why I won't have harness for daily driving. I'd never be able to reach the stereo, or my phone on the dash or be able to lean forward when trying to get out of junctions in Birmingham.

Renaultsport 220T
LOL, it's not too bad, I can reach all the heater controls and my mobile which is mounted to the left of the head unit.

I just have to watch coming out of junctions.
The benefits outway the negatives for me, as I don't use it to commute luckily.

CTR--VX220D
So if you buy some Cobra Evolutions [side mounted] and some Cobra subframes - will there be a place for the side harness bolt to bolt on?????

Renaultsport 220T
I have Cobra Imola II's fitted.

And no, you need to drill the inside mounting point for the harnesses. Can be quite difficult, cos you need to access the underneath, and not drill into a brake line, or the exhaust.

The outer one will go in where the OE seatbelts are.

But it depends if you are planing on doing away with the original belts or keeping them.

I binned mine. Save a bit of weight.

CTR--VX220D
Im binning mine too.

I got told that the Cobra subframes come with seatbelt mounting points??? Not true then!