ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

harnesses

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
what should i look for?

i am thinking 4 point, not really bothered on fixing whether it be bolt in or clips.

i am guessing all harnesses have to go through testing, i am looking for a yellow set, but there doesn't seem to be a named brand in yellow, ie Luke, sparco etc....... although i have found some non - branded ones on ebay

opinions welcome

Done f**k about when it comes to safety equipment. Get a known brand, would go for some black OMP ones in your car ;)

Qashcow
ive used Willans harness in mine, they cost a fair whack though. got the 3" 4point version, cost just over £100 each.

dont think they do yellow though, tbh, i wudnt get anything too cheap. the fixings may be w**k as well as the finish etc. theyre gunna be stuck round ur neck and waist and u dont want uncomfortable edges on them or anything

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I had schroth ones in my last car, they were fantastic imo. Quite pricey but fully tested & approved yet with easy clip in buckle system. Normal harness buckles will piss you off

seatssmall.jpg

Edit ;Only pic i could find, didnt realise it was so out of focus from thumbnail, doh!

Qashcow
well thats what i thought but sure i have heard different also

Not road legal, check the marking but they are unliky to be.

are they not road legal because they arent tested? i'd rather be tied up by something with FIA stamped all across them tbh.

wouldnt be much of a problem anyway would it? MOT arent going to notice that etc?

will load a picture in a sec of the mountings mate.......gotta go and pick my car up from the bottom of the road first, got lashed at a mates last night and did the sensible thing lol

Last edited:
  Qashcow
the Willans harness came with the eyelets. one was bolted into the old seatbelt hole in the middle of the car, the other i used the extended eyebolt from Merlin and screwed it into the side anchor where the old rear seatbelt is secured. used a steel spacer to pack it out beyond the plastic though. you wont need it if youve taken them out the car :D

DSC00324.jpg

are they not road legal because they arent tested? i'd rather be tied up by something with FIA stamped all across them tbh.

wouldnt be much of a problem anyway would it? MOT arent going to notice that etc?
Mot should check, they often don't bother.

M2 Competition
Get 3" 4 points mate. Yellow will look sh*te in no time, the black with a yellow logo posted above looks like the way to go!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yer i think i will be going with black harnesses, found some nice OMP ones, you think that the extra inch on them makes a difference? ie 2" - 3" (no jokes).

cheers bomber for the pictures, i think thats how i will be mounting mine then, will look into those extended bolts and some steel spacers.

as for the release, we are saying aircraft is illegal? but mot stations don't really check. (i may be ok with this anyway if you know what i mean)

2005 liquid yellow 182
ive seen harnesses that are offial renault sport embroided. does anyone no wher to buy these from? a few people have them on here but cant seem to find the threads

^^ Really? Never seen Renault Sport emboided harnesses anywhere... not even the Cup Racers or Meggy Trophys have those do they?

Qashcow
as for the release, we are saying aircraft is illegal? but mot stations don't really check. (i may be ok with this anyway if you know what i mean)

i think the outcome is theyre illegal but most MOT ppl wont notice it. mine passed last week with the aircraft buckle.

if you want a pic of where ive mounted them in the side etc just let me know too :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cheers chap

i am still at the removing seats stage at mo.......

what have you plug any of the wholes in the rear with? like the bolt holes that hold the bar in.

My trusty lil 182 :)
^^ I'd be interested in seeing that bomberGTR :) got to mount mine soon so after ideas for the front points

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
where did you get those from paul? you mean the normal buckles? you reckon i should go for aircraft fixing?

Bought them from Demon Tweeks but i just had a quick look and cant see the exact ones. They are similar to normal seat belt fixings and far easier than the aircraft style but still fully FIA approved, deffo worth getting the thicker harnesses imo purely as they look FAR better

Qashcow
the rear bar holes i just put the bolts back in. i got a cargo net from Renault and used the 2 bolts to secure it like Jays. the only other hole is in the tunnel next to the handbrake where the old seat was bolted too, left it open at the mo as cant be arsed to plug it with a nut and bolt lol. the old seat hole towards the rear was used as the fixing hole for the left harness side. will take pix for ya at some point

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i need to get the front seats out now, the rears are done, loads of bolts in there for various things, hopefully i won't have the spare bolt holes in the handbrake tunnel