ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has any one told a fib on their insurance?

80MPG BEEZA
i crashed my car after 3 months of having it and hadnt told insurance about wheels and suspension so i just fixed the car myself and saved my ncb but i'm all upto scratch now i even have my cliosport sticker on there just incase it adds extra power

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've got annual mileage of 12k on my policy, I've been doing 18k a year for the last 18 months.

-172 Cup Turbo-
Worked for Liverpool Victoria for a bit, hated every minute.
At the end of the day are you gonna make a claim?
When you work out the excess you have to pay etc it's sometimes not worth it so if your paying just to get a piece of paper to keep mr plod happy then what the hell.

I have heard of cases that the insurance company has refused to pay out, but thats usually in the case of pepole who have fully comp, smashed their motor up and tried to claim. The inspector comes round to inspect the damage and sees that theres an induction kit, set of wheels and maybe an exhaust etc thats not on the policy and says 'that it invalidates your policy' and you get get screwed. An insurance company is there to make money, if they can find a loop hole of not paying you they usually find it, it sucks. I can see why some pepole choose to drive without any insurance, the fine that you get is a quarter of what some young pepole pay per year.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
My mods aren't declared, i'm only insured for SDP (not comunting) and i do double the amount of miles per year stated LOL so yeah i lie thru my teeth

Black Clio GT
i would never lie about mods but my girlfriends car is regestered at her aunts house and insured there cos it was 450 cheaper!!!