ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has any1 cut there wheel wel out

Mondeo TDCI 130
Why would you want to!? It weigh's nothing worth a toss!

Edit : and why would you want a 182 exhaust on a 172?!?! imo there a pain in the hoop and never fit like they should / generally a pain in the ass!

clio sport 172 cup
i think the replica is pointless i have a m8 what will take the boot wel owt and weld a sheet over for nothing so then ill spray it and get a nice 182 system i just really like the 182 look think its great

i think the replica is pointless i have a m8 what will take the boot wel owt and weld a sheet over for nothing so then ill spray it and get a nice 182 system i just really like the 182 look think its great

Why replicate a 182 then if its pointless? The designs are overly different.

And you have a 172 cup. It would ruin it! imo!

Golf GTD Mk7
Why would you want to!? It weigh's nothing worth a toss!

Edit : and why would you want a 182 exhaust on a 172?!?! imo there a pain in the hoop and never fit like they should / generally a pain in the ass!

why do they never fit correctly? mine was fine :S

Another thing to consider is if you ever sell the car, how would you explain why the wheel well had been welded up?

I know an enthusiast would probably know why but trying to explain why to a general driver may put a potential buyer off.

I personally wouldn't but I prefer the stealth look on 172s though.

I've also been looking into this, once the car's stripped the wheel well can be annoying when you're trying to put things in the back. A flar surface would be much more useful alot of the time (for me anyway).

rps13
you guys are pussies. re-sell value my balls.

rip the wheel well out and seam weld the whole car!

S4 Avant
I'm sure the 182 manifold has a different fitting at the end, to a 172 manifold, so getting a 182 exhaust to fit would be more hassle than it's worth surely?

340i
A guy on here called henry has fitted a 182 exhaust and rear
floor pan to his 172... Just welded it in place and undersealed
it :)

S4 Avant
sounds like a job for Mr. Forklift! ;)

Haha!

Just for the lols:

Photo-0033.jpg

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/davidbrownsey/?action=view&current=Photo-0033.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
to be fair if you remove the boot carpet on a 182 and look at how renault have done it, it does look like it's been done by someone on their driveway! I'd go for it, but be warned 182 exhausts are a c*nt to line up and dont forget you'd have to put the exhaust brackets on your newly welded panel

ValverInBits
could be done with sheet, but the OEM is ribbed for strength. If you want a 182 system, that's the way to do it. Don't mess about with KTECs nasty looking rep system (no offence to ktec, it's the only solution possible).

White Evo V
Dont just weld a piece of sheet metal over it! Like Mark One said the boot floor is designed ribbed for strength! Go to renault and buy a 182 boot floor, it wont be expensive, then cut yours out and weld it in! If you just weld a piece if sheet metal in and someone crashes into the back of you your fooked! car beyond repair without a doubt!

ibiza cupra
Dont just weld a piece of sheet metal over it! Like Mark One said the boot floor is designed ribbed for strength! Go to renault and buy a 182 boot floor, it wont be expensive, then cut yours out and weld it in! If you just weld a piece if sheet metal in and someone crashes into the back of you your fooked! car beyond repair without a doubt!
this is the best way to do it mate. then when you come to sell the car eventually, it looks like it has been profesionally done and wont put the buyer off as much as if its just a flat sheet. plus it will be to manufactures specification too