ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone fitted a 182 exhaust manifold to a F4R mk1 clio conversion?

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
I imagine there's not enough space but have never seen one in the flesh, so am wondering if one would fit, even with some fabrication modification to the subframe.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
wouldn't be an easy job mate, and not really worth the effort? Why did you want to do it? How has the car been going for you?

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
I didn't think it would be possible as it stands, although I don't like to make things easy for myself! I just like mid-range torque better than the top end gains, was just wondering really.

The car has been going pretty mixed, I've had to do a lot of work on it to get it reliable. I totally took the loom apart a couple of months ago and took out all the redundant wiring, replaced the alternator to starter to +ve cable too as this had damaged sheathing. I've also re-wired the relays and fuse box. Matched the inlet and fitted ptfe gaskets and made a new down pipe to mate upto a standard mk1 scorpion exhaust but that was only 2" bore so I'm re-designing a new exhaust to go on there at the moment though in 2.5" tubing. I also put 172 callipers on there a long while back to get the better handbrake mechanism and put braided hose all round.
Then 2 weeks ago I raised the rear torsion bar up and fitted avo shocks on the back and removed the aux tank. I really must get round to writing a project thread, but there's more work going to be happening in the next month.
Engine will be coming out to change the aux belt and put a rebuilt JC5 in there (not that there's anything currently wrong with the JB3 though)
Williams widetrack with avo coilovers will be going on
K-tec 285mm brake conversion with carbon lorraine RC5+ pads too

So, yeah it has been going nicely recently :) The rev counter now works too!

You'd have to chop it where it goes over the subframe to make it fit, angling the pipes off in a different direction to follow the Mk1 tunnel. Hardly worth the effort for a butchered manifold...