ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has Anyone got a Clio Gordini

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
I have a fiesta at the moment and thinking of upgrading now im 25. i am thinking of gettign a clio gordini,

has anyone got one or had one?

Thanks Rob

Clio 182
Don't bother, get the pumaspeed 190 kit for your st. Unlocks alot of power. Each to their own though..

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
i only have a Zetec S which is a 1.6 :( i was poor back then!!! im 25 and car afford the insurance now haha

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
i'm on the same boat, got a fiesta zetec S. Thinking of taking the plunge with a 182...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The terrible stripes, white details and awful blue inserts in the wheels.

Listerine & Poledo
Gordini FTW ou prefe having toys and comfort over timming 10ths off of "lap times"

if you want to be able to post endless "heroics" though, it'll be a cup, with no ectras

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
hmm... just reading some of the other threads.. turns out you guys hate them!! im wondering what kinda price i cud get a 200 for now with recaros... maybe i should try that route?

LY 182
hmm... just reading some of the other threads.. turns out you guys hate them!! im wondering what kinda price i cud get a 200 for now with recaros... maybe i should try that route?

I've seen some around the £12k mark. Depends on your budget. If you have more cash, buy Adams! (As abobe). Absolute p**n spec of a 200.

Clio Gordini
Gordini hating! What's going on? I'm really starting to love mine now.
White with black Speedlines is what I've got and it's a good look. I've got the Cup chassis on mine too, which transforms the car

200 Gordini

Who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks? Go on any other forum and it is a very praised car.. of course some people don't like them but why live to make people you don't know happy?

It's a awesome car with an even better spec. If you don't like stripes then take them off.. but it is a Gordini so should have them!

Whoever is worried about the styling are either not car enthusiasts and can't appreciate the car for what it is or are just jealous.

The wheels are f**king rank though ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Despite all the bitching the gordini 200 is a really nice car which will hold value in it's residuals. Please don't be put off by the posts on here.

Italian 3.2 V6
I still don't understand what renault were thinking when designing and making the gordini 200! What a failure of a car! Such a shame.

The gordini should of been
-full leather and piano black interior - leather recaro's
-In thee gordini racing blue colour - should not of been a standard 200 option
-17" black turinis (gloss/satin)
-xenons (LED side lights?)
-titanium exhaust (similar to R26.R's)
-Bose sound system
-cup spoiler (gloss/satin black to match wheels)

Epic gordini spec, done!

Last edited by a moderator:
  200 Gordini
Horrid cars.

Yeah, disgusting! Should be burnt.

5367344064_215c056375.jpg

_DSC2907_2 by Curley89, on Flickr

NuneatonMeet013.jpg

NuneatonMeet019.jpg

NuneatonMeet018.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I still don't understand what renault were thinking when designing and making the gordini 200! What a failure of a car! Such a shame.
done!

To some extent I agree with you, but the gordini is aiming at a totally different Market to what you have described and it will and has sold really well.

Italian 3.2 V6
Ok I must admit (maby abit harsh in 1st post), those pics above are the only decent ones iv seen of a gordini. The original wheels are insane! Ugly as fook! The speedlines really set if off nice actually!

Defo should of had full leather recaros as standard tho!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks? Go on any other forum and it is a very praised car.. of course some people don't like them but why live to make people you don't know happy?

It's a awesome car with an even better spec. If you don't like stripes then take them off.. but it is a Gordini so should have them!

Whoever is worried about the styling are either not car enthusiasts and can't appreciate the car for what it is or are just jealous.

The wheels are f**king rank though ;)

PMSL. If you're a real car enthusiast, you know that badging a Renault 'Gordini' should mean more than just a marketing man's excuse to cover a perfectly good car in tat. It has a blue gear gator, and letter G's on the stripes for God's sake.

Real Gordinis were all about pedigree; about mechanical enhancements and motorsport. They're legendary.

What Renault have created with their line of current 'Gordinis', is nothing more than pandering to the 'ooh, that looks fancy' group of people. Not genuine enthusiasts.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Horrific looking things. Just get a normal 200 with the options you want. Better colours available.

PMSL. If you're a real car enthusiast, you know that badging a Renault 'Gordini' should mean more than just a marketing man's excuse to cover a perfectly good car in tat. It has a blue gear gator, and letter G's on the stripes for God's sake.

Real Gordinis were all about pedigree; about mechanical enhancements and motorsport. They're legendary.

What Renault have created with their line of current 'Gordinis', is nothing more than pandering to the 'ooh, that looks fancy' group of people. Not genuine enthusiasts.

Said it perfectly TBH. The Gordini is simply not aimed at the enthusiast.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I honestly don't mind the gordini.
Get one without the stripes and spec the speedlines and you're on to a winner IMO.

Edit: didn't realise they're more than a specced 200.... Don't bother if that's the case.

200 Gordini

I'm talking about THE CAR. Not the styling!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people are so f**king stupid!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm talking about THE CAR. Not the styling!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're missing the point fella. It's like the next M3 being a 2l 150bhp diesel, but with full leather/nav etc. It's making a mockery of the heritage and meaning behind the name. And there are people on here that have got fully loaded 200's, with Recaro's for less than the discounted Gordini prices being banded about.

I don't buy into the better residuals argument either. Imo, a car that's had to be discounted to get shipped out, is never going to be a residual success.

200 Gordini
I think you're missing the point fella. It's like the next M3 being a 2l 150bhp diesel, but with full leather/nav etc. It's making a mockery of the heritage and meaning behind the name. And there are people on here that have got fully loaded 200's, with Recaro's for less than the discounted Gordini prices being banded about.

I don't buy into the better residuals argument either. Imo, a car that's had to be discounted to get shipped out, is never going to be a residual success.

No it is not. It's EXACTLY the same car, engine, chassis & suspension.

I don't care about the heritage tbh, I just car about the spec list. I'm just sick of people saying it's a s**t car etc when it's the same car as what they are driving

200 Gordini
Ok, to rephrase. It's like the next M3 CSL being the same as the regular car, but with different trim and a plush spec.

You're not getting my point Warren.

Everyone says don't buy a Gordini.. They're s**t and have ruined the car.

But the truth is, it's still a Renault Sport 200!! Look at the amount of awards and comparison tests it has won.. Do you think it would of lost because it had stripes and a white F1 blade? No.

Autocar test: comparing 20 performance cars from this year including the Veyron, 911 GT3 RS, 458 Italia, Caterham R500, Focus RS etc
The 458 Italia wins with the Clio as the runner up. “In all honesty, you could get out of the Ferrari 458 and into this and still enjoy it. For any car, let alone one as affordable as this, that has to be the biggest compliment going”

People are making out that the above wont apply because it's some sort of styling nightmare.

I don't doubt it's not a true Gordini and I've said so so so many times to the same people on here, I bought mine because of the spec.. and I wanted blue anyway lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I agree 200 Gordini is a cracking car, just looks awful IMO and it's not worthy of the badge.

Italian 3.2 V6
FLOL..

Dude! Being a GORDINI, it should be MORE performance focused than the normal 200 and even more so than the 200cup. Similar to the R26.R is with the R26 range. That's what it should be and it's not.. It's the opposite.. It's a wrongly and fully specced by a gypo to be a cruiser/stylish 200, Not RAW and not More driver focused over the 200/cup. It's simply style focused. It's like the gay of the group!

It should not have the gordini badge.. Simple. We know it's as good as a normal 200 but it should be BETTER and again, it's not.

Are you the only one who cannot see/understand this?

Last edited by a moderator:
  GTD, Lupo
How much do Gordinis go for new?

Seem to be a couple of spec snobs here so... maybe i wont say too much seeing as i own a Cup :eek: . I was a little disappointed when the Gordini was revealed, as i was praying it would be designed like the R26.R and would have most probably put an order in for one, if it had been. I was hoping for a more performance based upgrade not just a specced out 200 with some funky colours splashed here and there. Dont get me wrong, i do think they are nice but i just dont think they are what they should have been.

If i was the OP i would save a few pennies and go for a standard 200 with cup pack. I think a lot of the early Gordinis were purchased as the waiting time was a lot shorter than the wait for a new 200 to be built.

LY 182
@PSJ it surely is a better drive than a 'normal' 200 if it's better spec'd?

I think it's just an option for people who want to be a bit different. You can dig into the heritage and preach about the true meaning of the Gordini badge, but ultimately it's what the owner thinks. If they like the styling then so be it. After Curley added the black speedlines I thought the car looked pretty damn good tbh. (For the record I'd still take a LY, RB or SG above it, but that's not to say the Gordini wouldn't be a great buy).