ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone had probs with Magnex exhausts?

Clio 182
Hi,

I've had been having problems with my magnex back box, the box is too heavy for the brackets at the back.

A few days a go I contacted magnex about this problem and voiced my concerns regarding this, as I noticed on other threads people have had problems with them. This is the reply I got back from them:

At present we have no upgrade kit for you're exhaust mountings.
Having said that we are at present looking at re-developing the system complete to renew the silencers for lightweight smaller ones.

Just for information so far we have sold 343 of these systems since their release in 2003 but we have only had 12 concerns with the product and not all to do with the fit or quality of the product.

Sorry I cant be more positive at this time.’

I’m sure theres more than 12 people that have had this problem!

I’ve just taken my car to Powerflow in Kingsbury in London, they’re services were great, the exhaust is solid now. I would highly recommend them.

Clio 172 mk2
Yep...I had problems with my Magnex and I didn't like the look & the weight so it only lasted a couple of weeks on the car.

If you use the supplied supporting bracket you shouldn't have an issue!

z2.jpg

Also suggest packing the Renault mount with hoses and cable ties like this:

Mountmod-1.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I was using a modified bracket, and cable ties with rubber opiece in the middle, but didnt last long. By the way my box is the oval one.

But finally todays mod by powerflow looks very strong. Its got three new rubber pieces and two hangers which has made it very stable.

172 MKII FF
I bought a 172 a couple of week back and it came with the model above attached. I have found that the support strut which is supposed to go in the top slot of the right rubber piece keeps falling out. I have to push the rubber bung as far along the strut as possible and the rod only doesn't go all the way through the hole. I am not paranoid that the exhaust falls off and every time I come to use the car I have to check it hasn't worked loose. I don't know how to fix this, anyone any ideas? Their isn't even enough room to put some gaffer tape on it.

Ph1
I used the supplied bracket and had problems with it still.

Not to the extent of making a complaint tho as i just fiddled about with it.

Happily i sold it on although still have the centre section.

Really good exhaust only let down by the weight and that horrid back box choice

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I never got that bracket, does anyone have one or know where to get one before I ring magnex?

193 mk2
i used both the renault & magnex mounts + got the guy who fitted it to fabricate me another one & i've never had any probs.

Clio 182
I never got that bracket, does anyone have one or know where to get one before I ring magnex?

Theres no point in ringing them as you can see the reply i got from Magnex in my original thread and thats from the quality assurance manager at magnex.

What i did, was take mine to powerflow, and they sorted it from there.

80MPG BEEZA
my first system a baffle became loose and rattled like a woodpecker in a bean can, got second system on and its been alright i just gone off the look now

LY 182
well my magnex is from a fiesta turbo spogged on to the old renault front pipe and it fits perfectly :rasp:

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)

Theres no point in ringing them as you can see the reply i got from Magnex in my original thread and thats from the quality assurance manager at magnex.

What i did, was take mine to powerflow, and they sorted it from there.

sent them an email asking where the plate is and if I can buy one, if not off to powerflow at newcastle