ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone heard of the variable valve pulley needing to be replaced?

172 ph2
Hey, Has anyone heard of the variable valve pulley needing to be replaced at a cambelt change? just that when i rang a garage for a quote the bloke said it was fairly common and the part was £100! and another garage said he'd never heard of that being a problem! im wondering whether they're trying to earn a little extra on the job!any ideas??? cheers x

Megane dci 130
I work in a dealer and have never replaced one or heard of replaceing them on any f4r or f4p. Its only the vvt 1.6's that suffer from noisy depahasers.

the dephaser on the K4M engine was really bad, that was a everyday job, but i think we only ever changed a couple of F4R dephasers, usually down noisey operation.

Worth noting I life them at 7500KM's on the race F4R engines - they don't last much beyond this.

On a road engine that gets clean, good oil often they should do 100K or so quite happily.

Cheers
M