ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone looked viewed this ph1

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
Unless the picture/my eyes are not very good there PH2 front seats

Ian

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Focus TDCi
Does sound a bit expensive, but not sure what it's worth. There's a similar one that's been sat on a forecourt near me for ages. £3195 -> £2895 -> £2595. Still not sold, but not sure on tax/mileage/history etc.

Unless the picture/my eyes are not very good there PH2 front seats

Nah they're phase one - the seat slide release handle is at the bottom, not the top.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  It's A Reno
Looks like a non standard steering wheel, which isn't nescessarily a bad thing. Looks very tidy.

Edit. When are the belts due, and if recently, is there proof of them being done.
Go over the car and the history with a fine toothed comb.
Take someone with you who knows what their looking for.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
would pay that, if its mint and had belts done recently and stack of history and 1 owner.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  It's A Reno
I was considering getting the aa to inspect the vehicle before I get it what do you think?

If you want to view it, I'd take someone who knows RSs tbh, as it is an old car and a lot could be wrong with it.

Also, if not already done, the belts will be due this year.
If they say they're done, demand proof. If not, then you need to deduct at least £400 from that price, and for the amount he wants, it needs to be very tidy indeed.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
Im not sure where to go to find someone or a company willing to inspect that would be better than the AA? any ideas. The dealer said he has paperwork from new and invoices showing cambelt change by dealer. Im gonna check everybit of the paperwork and find out exactly whats done.

Ian

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Focus TDCi
The AA are probably ok Adam, alternatively just put up a thread on here asking for someone to come along with you. Make sure they know what they're on about though!

How many cambelt changes do the invoices show? All ph1 172's will be getting the stage now where they should have had their second cambelt change, I think.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  It's A Reno
Im not sure where to go to find someone or a company willing to inspect that would be better than the AA? any ideas. The dealer said he has paperwork from new and invoices showing cambelt change by dealer. Im gonna check everybit of the paperwork and find out exactly whats done.

As for an extra set of eyes, why don't you ask on here. It could save you some cash as I can't see the AA being cheap.

As for the belts, check the date. It should be very recent.
Every 72k or 5 years IIRC.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
Yeah I hadnt thought of that. I was prepared to pay 150 for the inspection so If I get an extra set of eyes they will be well compensated. I have a feeling belts were done recently but ill check tomo.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

LOL at the Cliosport hagglers-

You wont get a MINT PH1 from a trader for 2k- ZERO chance-

Once youve established when the belt change was completed & that theres evidence of that-- Ie stamped book then if hes local I would go in with 2.5 cash & chances are you secure the deal-

Make sure you test drive from cold with no stereo on- check for engine noise, bearings etc- or of course let the AA do it-
GET THE PRICE AGREED BEFORE INSPECTION

Steve

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Its got a naff plastic 1.2 Steering wheel. Awful.

But apart from that, looks very clean.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
Right im in two minds really, Have just got off the phone to the dealer, the car has had one cambelt change in june 2006 so is gonna need another in a year. I asked about the steering wheel and he insisted it was from a ph1 172 and not from the 1.2, the photo is misleading. It is quite a journey so he said he would scan invoices and work done info for me to look at to make certain im not wasting my time. Obviously I am going to have to haggle as cambelt is gonna effect cost. Cheers for the advice again everyone.