ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone recessed a yozza race into their bumper?

Stripped yozza'd cup
As above, I'm going to order a yozza on Thursday but I can't decide whether to go stealth race or race....
I don't like it hanging down below the bumper which is what's putting me off the race. Has anyone recessed one?

21 Turbo
Go stealth mate - people expect something when they see a pipe poking out of a bumper.
Hidden FTW

Stripped yozza'd cup
I was completely sold on stealth until I saw this....

28c4521d.jpg

If that could be recessed into bumper with a 182 surround, it would look perfect.

Lionel Richie
cannot be done with an off the shelf YS for the following reasons

1 - mail order - people will f**k it up and then blame me for not supplying good enough instructions
2 - IMO its a bit naff hence forth i won't do it

Stripped yozza'd cup
cannot be done with an off the shelf YS for the following reasons

1 - mail order - people will f**k it up and then blame me for not supplying good enough instructions
2 - IMO its a bit naff hence forth i won't do it

Fair doos! Under the bumper it is then!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to love all the recessed exhausts but now I much prefer the look of a smaller tip sitting tight under the bumper.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've never understood this whole trend for heatwrapping the entire exhaust.... Am I missing something here?

Clio Ph2 172
Not really interested in the heat wrap tbh, but would like an out rolled tip like this to sit under the bumper.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Not really interested in the heat wrap tbh, but would like an out rolled tip like this to sit under the bumper.

My question wasnt aimed at you in any disrespect just simply asking as I just cant see the benefits of wrapping the entire exhaust

Clio Ph2 172
My question wasnt aimed at you in any disrespect just simply asking as I just cant see the benefits of wrapping the entire exhaust

Totally agree. My Manifold on my VTS was wrapped, but that did soke allot of the heat generated in the engine bay.

Evo 8 MR
Only person I've heard that wants to recess a race system is Rob91, he mentioned plans of doing it but it meant changing the rear bracket afaik.

I'm not sure how far along he is with those plans though.

I agree with Naith and Fred, looks perfect as is.

Even off the shelf recessed exhausts don't look right to me, the rear bumper on a 172 is fairly short that recessed exhausts just look like they need to come down a bit.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Tbh, I've never seen a 172 yozza race in person, I'm just judging by pictures. But there's so much love for the looks that I guess they look better in the flesh!

I've never understood this whole trend for heatwrapping the entire exhaust.... Am I missing something here?

Its just the tip only that has been heat wrapped for 'Just incase' melting purposes even though im confident it wouldnt get hot enugh to melt anything. Wrapping the whole exhaust would be pointless though i have to agree with.

Lionel Richie
sorry dude, that just doesnt look right! Looks like someone has challengd your manhood and your balls have diappeared inside your pelvis!