ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has it been remapped?

clio 182
was looking at a clio 182, and was looking through some of the documents and there was a receipt from superchips which cost the previous owner about £300, does that mean its been remapped? and if so how can i properly tell, increased revs?

thanks guys

titanic killer
could always try hitting the limiter(when its uo to temp of corse)and see if hits higher than 6850

cock mobile.
Sounds like it; they might not have upped the limiter.

Give Superchips a call and ask?

Punto JTD
Call the company up. They normally keep records of the car's registration and what has been done to the car.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Mine is variable, it goes from something like 5 as soon as you turn the key, then to 5.5 or 6, then to 6.5, then to the full whack. Not 100% on the first couple of steps, never having revved it that hard when it's cold! I do occasionally hit the 6.5 one though, when i misjudge how warm it is.

172 Credit crunch edition
Mine takes ages to warm up fully something like a 15-25 minute trip before its warm fully

titanic killer
mines on a Y plate 2001 ph2
i think ill be checking again as im gonna look a numpty if im wrong
Not that i hit the limiter much anyway;)

mines all ways warm before givin it some and mines defo under 7k

Warm or hot? Mine takes a good 15 minutes of driving before switching to 7250. If yours stays at c.6800 all day long then perhaps there's something not quite right about it?

TBH the engine is so rough over 7k that it's really a moot point. Better to change up a gear and keep your fillings from falling out.