ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has my charcoal purge valve already been removed?

Black 200
I have been looking at previous threads instructing where to block of the valve. After attempting to follow the guide I cannot locate the first part.

Please see picture below

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337016375018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337016375018.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 210
  172/1.2/E30
The valve sits on the cannister below the driver's headlight. That's just the connecting line in the pic above.

Black 200
Well, I'd prefer to just disable it or blank it off. There are several threads about it, I've been through all of them on the search, but there seems to be no concrete guide for it...

172/1.2/E30
If you unplug the purge valve, your EML will light up. But you can cut the pipe/hose to the engine and block it off (on the engine/plenum side). Too bin the cannister aswell, you need to remove the archliner, take it off and keep the valve plugged in. The line from the tank to the cannister can be vented to atmosphere.

Black 200
Okay, thanks for your help. I will have a look at it and decide would to do. So, if you were to unplug it, the error code would appear. But if you cut and block off the pipe, then the computer will still still think it is plugged in and not trigger an error, is that right?

172/1.2/E30
Yes, that's right. You might be able to replace the valve with a resistor of similar impedance to simulate the valve.

Just to make it clear: electric plug taken off from valve => EML on; electric plug on but pipe blocked=> Recirc system physically deactivated but the ECU "thinks" it is still active, so no EML