ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has My Head Unit Died?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
can anyone diagnose whats wrong with my head unit?

i've got a pioneer 3500MP headunit and 4 standard speakers in my MK1.
its always worked fine with no problems but when i got into my car and switched the unit on last week, it still plays the music but you can barely hear it because it is 90% distorted and a high pitch noise is comin from it too.
its the same from all 4 speakers whether its on radio or cd.

can anyone help?

Polo + Micra
dodgy earth by the sounds of it

get a piece of wire find a good earth and stick it in the earth terminal in the iso block

172 Cup, Clio 197
check all your speakers wiring aswell. One of the channels on my pioneer has just died, trying to fix it as we speak

BMW M3 - For Sale!
but the earth/speaker wiring wouldnt have just come loose would it?

dink, any idea which one is the earth terminal?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
just checked all cables at the back and all seems fine. also, the ground wire is still intact and goes to wherever halfords installed it 2 and a half years ago

any other suggestions?

172 Cup, Clio 197
sounds like the head units given up. only other thing you can try is to wire a speaker directly to the head unit whilst its out just to check it.

Megane 225 Cup
Dink said:
dodgy earth by the sounds of it

get a piece of wire find a good earth and stick it in the earth terminal in the iso block

ditto, plus check all connections. :D