ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has the 1*2 market slowed.....

2050cc Corsa
or is my car overpriced (its in classified atm)

had it up for sale for 2 weeks in various places, and also been on pistonheads and Autotrader but not 1 serious offer

has the market slowed, as when i bought it a few months back they all seemed to sell sooo quickely you were lucky if the one you were intrested in was still avalible after a few days

are other people expirencing trouble selling?, i know the current situation for many people means a 2.016v hot hatch isnt a requirement for most, but have things changed so quickly over a few months ?

jr

2050cc Corsa
haha, well yes there is that, i have dropped mine a tiny bit, im still at a big loss anyway and thats only after 2 months despite spending loads on it

haha, well yes there is that, i have dropped mine a tiny bit, im still at a big loss anyway and thats only after 2 months despite spending loads on it

Are you in desperate need to sell it? If not I'd hang on to it and see how things pan out, being a Renault though you'll be lucky to break even when selling it.

Titanium 182
I found it was hard to find a decent one for a decent price when looking. Got there in the end though :)

Elise S1 B&C 140
I traded mine in as I didnt want to miss out on the car I wanted to buy. Put it up for £4250 private and they gave me £4150 trade which I think was fair for a 53 plate monaco on nearly 60k. Especially as it only had 1 months mot left and I took the tax back off it too.

Maybe that was a bit low.

But £4k the car has to be absolutely spotless and even they don't shift straight away.

Knock a few hundred off the price and you might have more luck.

2050cc Corsa
See considering you can get cups with similar milage without all the work and mods (ok i know mods dont add value) for around £3600

consideirng the service history, belts, brakes beeing done, and the fact it has the basic "wants" of a 172 i thought it was fairly priced, but may have misjudged the market in that case

S3, Polo
TBF, yours looks like one of the only 2 Cups on PH I'd touch - I wouldn't go near the others with my money!

When you consider there is another Cup on PH that has had it's belts done this week, has a FDSH and is priced @ £4k with literally half the mileage of yours £3600-3800 is fair...

Maybe part it out and return to standard?? May make you some money back? If you paid for the mods to be fitted, the dilemma is if you pay to have them removed and how much would you actually gain by selling them?

Nissan 350z
Over priced IMO.

£4.2k for an average mileage 7yr old car with no air con, xenons or leather interior? Other than an enthusiast i doubt you will sell at that price.

2050cc Corsa
TBF, yours looks like one of the only 2 Cups on PH I'd touch - I wouldn't go near the others with my money!

When you consider there is another Cup on PH that has had it's belts done this week, has a FDSH and is priced @ £4k with literally half the mileage of yours £3600-3800 is fair...

cheers nero

320d
I'd definately try and do a deal on that with you if I was in the market for a Cup, the advert it excellent imo, details everything about the car and its history which is also fully compreshensive.

I would be offering more like £3500 though, prices of normal PH2 172's on 2002 plates are early £3K's for a good one from what i've seen.

182 Cup Racing Blue
I feel when 5th gear reviews the Clio 200 against the 182 Cup in July....prices may slightly rise and demand should increase for 182's.....pretty sure they will prefer the Clio 182 Cup....and pretty sure they will use the word 'raw'...

S3, Polo

Really? I'm confused about your interpretation of my post that leads you to think I'm a domineering browbeater?

How am I a bully? All I did was confirm that James has a very clean looking example that is well advertised.

That appeals to ME.

The others on PH that I cite have poorly written ads, badly taken photos or are not in the right colour. Things that put ME off!

Ads, sorry to cause offence but your advert hasn't appealed to ME - Your car is very nice, but not the colour I would want. Apologies for not covering off all of the possible connotations of my comment.

HTH :)

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, calm down sonny, only joshing.

(I do have an ad though... hope other people looking at it don't think "Christ, I won't be going near that!"....)

S3, Polo
Hardly "sonny" at 34 years old, eh? :)

Anyway, credit where it's due - I've just had a look at yours and think it'd be pretty nice with Trophy coloured wheels!

Good luck with the sale!

2050cc Corsa
well its now £3995, so should appeal to the sub 4k spenders an appear in relevant searches, and wants a really nice one, with all the easy bolt on bits you would want on a 172, and excelelnt service history