ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hate my coilovers now :(

Renault Clio 182
well after gettng the clio slammed on its H&Rs, my fiancee went over a bump too fast and guess what shattered th splitter. that was no long fitted. :(

was well raging but least we can get a carbon one now :D

Renault Clio 182
yeah i still have to get camber set up. need new tyres soon on front so will get it all done at once.

was raging at 1st but things happen eh?
love it being low. just catches the cat a lot :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i never got round to doing mine went through a set of tyres like they were made of chewing gum

then i sold it :p

i never broke a splitter from it bing so low i broke on by hitting something on the motorway :9

Banana
very few people will have the camber set up properly after fitting coilovers

aye

a proper setup is a must. i actually rasied mine when it was set up

no rubs or scrapes at all now:cool:

Agreed. Proper camber set up/corner weighting ftw
Mine sit a lot higher than yours though Christopher and it still scrubs like a b**ch when driving hard through the twisties.

Normal sockets with an extender thingy? OoOoOoh!

I have them.

Although what size sockets was it again lol.

I just checked that thread you did, will bring my 13mm socket every extension i have and my ratchet.

T30 and T20 are a possibility. Fairly sure I have them at home already. So long as I can find the ratchet screwdriver they fit into.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
aye

a proper setup is a must. i actually rasied mine when it was set up

no rubs or scrapes at all now:cool:

Agreed. Proper camber set up/corner weighting ftw
Mine sit a lot higher than yours though Christopher and it still scrubs like a b**ch when driving hard through the twisties.

mine`s slammed and never scrubs :S. as for the cat, get a d-cat pipe fitted that will solve the problem :rasp:

Ford Puma
Maybe you should think about just using the uber low settings for shows, meets etc etc and normal height for everyday driving?

Its a compromise :D

178hp 172 Cup
mine is lowered 50mm rear and 30mm from on H&R's and i never scrub!! no matter how hard i drive on the road!! i am yet to try the car on track though so that might b a little different!! Fish set the car up too!! it makes so much difference!! as said if ur gonna go as far as fitting coilovers pay a little more and get them set up properly with camber bolts etc

SLK 350
Coilies looked great on my 172, but tbh they pretty much ruined the car for day-to-day driving, along with my stupidly loud exhaust.

Certainly wouldn't be getting coilies on a roadcar again.

SLK 350
Just made it unpractical for daily use/commutes. Fine on smooth roads, but as soon as you try and hump it on crappy roads they're not best suited.

Then there's multistorey car parks which if carrying passengers would usually mean them getting out prior to going up a level otherwise it would ground.

In short just too hardcore for the roads around here tbh.

M2 Competition
Just made it unpractical for daily use/commutes. Fine on smooth roads, but as soon as you try and hump it on crappy roads they're not best suited.

Then there's multistorey car parks which if carrying passengers would usually mean them getting out prior to going up a level otherwise it would ground.

In short just too hardcore for the roads around here tbh.

Mines ridiculously low, and not had many problems with it tbh. Does humps at a reasonable speed, and gets into carparks fine. Couldnt get on my missus old drive, and have to reverse up curbs, but otherwise fine.

That said though, agree with the modded cars comment. Next car wil be standard, more fun that way.