ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

have I done some damage

Audi RS4

going up a hill today on a dual carriageway,I thought Id give the clio a bit of stick.Took it all the way up to the gearchange light when suddenly the engine lost power for a sec until I changed into 3rd.dunno whetther this was a limiter or what but its not happened before.Car seems to be running as normal too,but Im hopin I havnt done some damage to the ngine,any ideas?

500bhp Scoob

sounds like the limiter, its put there for a reason... so that u dont damage your engine :)

how long have you had the car, it sounds like a common problem with 172s?

did it feel like the car lost all power until you sh*tfed up?

/y0z

Audi RS4

had teh car 3 years in june,Its the 1st time the powers gone like that!think my gerachange was a bit long!!usually nail it bang on the light!

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Rochips on 14 February 2005
had teh car 3 years in june,Its the 1st time the powers gone like that!think my gerachange was a bit long!!usually nail it bang on the light!

sounds like you have blown the engine ;-)

i would suggest an rsport ecu might solve the problem.

:)

/y0z

Audi RS4

^^^^^^yep I certainly felt my bumcheeks tighten!thought the engine would be covered in oil when I got home lol.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Youve done no damage at all. Get some sleep.

As long as you dont do it a few times a day there is no harm in clipping the limiter.

Also, 172s are good for 8k revs and the standard ECU only lets you rev to 7250 IIRC so you would be nowhere near the engines limit.

RB182cup&golf gti

i hit it for the first time on way home in second came off a roundabout and before i knew it id hit the limiter, sh*t me up, bloody tyres were screaching as well :oops:

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

^^^^^^yep I certainly felt my bumcheeks tighten!thought the engine would be covered in oil when I got home lol.

I am teasing.

:)

/y0z

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 14 February 2005

You must hit the limiter everyday its the law!!!;)
yep! failure to comply will see you doing a long stretch with a big guy called bubba! an he needs a new b**ch;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I made sure that I hit the limiter on mine ... on the test drive :D

Once its warmed up ... I always use the full rev range on mine!

Yep, feels like youve totally f****d your car up cos the engine just dies for a few seconds. Sounds like the limiter to me - id forget about it mate.

Not sure what you should do about that heavy right foot though?;)

I bounce off the limiter reasnobaly often (when im slightly late with the gear change), could be cos nearly everday I have a "burn" through 1/st 2nd sometimes 3rd using all available rpms :) The kickback at 5.2k rpm is too good not to have the experience frequently :)

Incidentally when your engine is not fully warm ie within first 15 mins of running the limiter will be at 6500rpm ish isntead of 7250!!

Audi RS4

glad to see that Im not the only one who thought theyd screwed their engine!cheers for makin me feel better lol!:D

First time i hit the limiter was burning up a hill pass a load of cars in second as the lane reduced from 2 to 1 (1200miles covered) .... bricked it as i thought the engine came off its bracket !!.. now 6000 miles and 4 months later....car feels good !

cock mobile.

Three years and youve only just hit the limiter???

I hit mine at least once a week
:oops:

Glad its there tho!

Audi RS4

Im a sensible driver;) like I said before I always change gear just b4 light comes on or when the missus screams!!