ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having a mare!

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Car failed its MOT and one thing was front brake imbalance. Took the front brakes apart to find one of the sliders on the n/s was completely seized solid! After a lot of effing and blinding the guide pin sheared off.
Ordered a second hand brake pad carrier off eBay which was said to be n/s and it arrived this morning. Wrong side! I had also ordered some new sliders for both sides which also arrived this morning. Guess what... Wrong size! Cars booked in for it's retest on thursday and that is the last day of a free retest.

Help!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a slider kit that will fit and possibly a new carrier if the machine shop can't drill it out?

2007 clio dynamique
Scrap yard ? Atleast if you take them out yourself you no there right also if yours is a cup im sure there is something that affects brake balance which is not on a cup i may be wrong though

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Scrap yard ? Atleast if you take them out yourself you no there right also if yours is a cup im sure there is something that affects brake balance which is not on a cup i may be wrong though

Tried the scrap yards round here and they don't have any sport models. The thing with the brakes on a cup is to do with the load sensing valve so it's not that and my problem is front brakes

clio 172 cup
Car failed its MOT and one thing was front brake imbalance. Took the front brakes apart to find one of the sliders on the n/s was completely seized solid! After a lot of effing and blinding the guide pin sheared off.
Ordered a second hand brake pad carrier off eBay which was said to be n/s and it arrived this morning. Wrong side! I had also ordered some new sliders for both sides which also arrived this morning. Guess what... Wrong size! Cars booked in for it's retest on thursday and that is the last day of a free retest.

Help!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a slider kit that will fit and possibly a new carrier if the machine shop can't drill it out?

unfortunately that's the problem with eBay although its cheap you run risk of recieving wrong parts parts that don't fit of a poor quality or things damaged anything mechanical I pay extra and get from a parts shop for peace of mind and on off chance its wrong part it isn't a ballache to get refunded or exchange just pop up the st