ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haynes Times / Results...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Them Williams are quick eh? ;) I blame my "off" for my lack of pace :eek:

HaynesResultsJuly2006.jpg

Who's up for another one then?

BMW E46 330i Touring
The William's were certainly shifting, seemed to be down to the driver's being that bit 'braver'... with the exception of Dan who's just a nutter with a Mk2!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Finally got a decent time, never thought the tyres had it in them.

Interesting to hear Tucks opinion on where/why the willys were so fast as i think he got a ride in most of the motors. Were they pushing harder or simply faster cars? Certainly dont think i could of pushed much further if at all.

Zollo is the Stig lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My tyres were letting me down a little, and I could have pushed a little harder in a few areas, but getting a tidy lap in at pace was tricky. My last 4 runs were all mid 1.06's, but not one single lap was without a "moment".

At best I think had a mid to late 1.05 in me, so the Willys were proper quick.

Happy with my progress, 4 seconds off my first effort by the end of the day which is a fair bit on that circuit, gradually improved throughout the day. My prediction about being second slowest was spot on too! Funnily enough after the wedding break I was out on the circuit for about 8 laps without being timed, I actually relaxed, concentrated on the lines and was probably quicker still, always the way though isn't it!

The corner near the car park was my worst area, bottled it every time and braked real early, I was never comfortable with it! Loved the s-bend coming back down from the top though.

More importantly I had an absolutely fantastic time, photographing AND driving, my kind of day! I was sat watching tennis yesterday longing to get back out on the circuit, just sooooo much fun. Really learned alot about my car too which is always helpful.

Anyone up for another at some point?!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, definitely up for another one! Great fun and excellent value.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep this was a cracking day, exactly the same feeling chris i wanna get a track **** now...lol

as for another one i am sure tucks and the new area rep for the north of the south west will sort it....or lets hope so

Freebone said:
yep this was a cracking day, exactly the same feeling chris i wanna get a track **** now...lol

as for another one i am sure tucks and the new area rep for the north of the south west will sort it....or lets hope so

I seriously have the bug now, I mean proper obsessive - been thinking about it non-stop since 5pm Saturday! Loved every single minute of it. Pretty annoying as I always pick expensive hobbies, photography, driving etc!

The missus mentioned someone saying there was another date available in September...?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Thanks for sorting the times like that Mark,Its pretty close throughout the board! Brilliant driving by everyone I thought. As for all the laps I had passenger'ing,Bens Starlet had the most acceleration/Pull out of the corners-but was let down by a lack of brakes I think Compared to say Paul's 182(Who I think got the Maximum out of the car on one of the laps I rode round in) Zollo's Willy felt like it had sooo much grip when you were cornering and when it started to slide,he seemed to have loads of time to correct it (had some messing about laps at the end where he was trying this!) Freebone surprised me too-I didnt know he had that in him!
Yeah,lets look in to having another go.......

Renault Clio Williams 2
Yep, I'm up for another :D

Next time I'll have the tracking sorted (was quite 'washy' compared to how it should be) and some tyres that are slightly better than completely ruined before I even start! 1.04s next time :evil:

Cheers to Tucks for organising it all, and sorry to Freebone for scaring him with that little off-track excursion at the end of the day :eek:

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
How come your not on there Tucks???...Did u not run in the end or were u that bad u didn't make it onto the sheet...;)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
good lads. These are williamsclio members times from last year

Pos Time Driver Class

1. 1:05.09 gaztwo (Stunning time IMO)
2. 1:05.50 Mark Ritchspeed
3. 1:05.54 Summeh
4. 1:05.67 Flamingmonkey
5. 1:05.75 northy
5. 1:05.75 Swervin Mervin (First 16v and superb time)
7. 1:05.96 Zollo A
8. 1:06.20 Christian Slade A
9. 1:06.89 Cliff Small A
10. 1:08.43 Matt Wills A
11. 1:08.50 Oliver Tottmann A
12. 1:08.51 Jan (Mechanical probs only 2 runs)
13. 1:09.73 Arj (Its a frigging 1.2)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Excellent day, thanks again to those that helped put it together. After my initial 1.14 and close encounter with the barrier I felt I wasn't going to get much more out of the day. But after luch I started hacking back the times and think I could have got a late 1.08!

Like the rest of you I can't wait for another go round teh track, and Freebone, I keep checking my exhaust to make sure its in one piece!

Clio 197
MarkCup said:
Them Williams are quick eh? ;) I blame my "off" for my lack of pace :eek:

Who's up for another one then?

I'd be up for another one...

...I need to sort our my geometry first. It's all wrong Mark. :(

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
GazTwo said:
How come your not on there Tucks???...Did u not run in the end or were u that bad u didn't make it onto the sheet...;)

I had Mechanical "Issues" lol. Im not sure I would have made it a Williams 1,2,3....but you never know.That Circuit seems to go well with the Willy.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Tucks said:
I had Mechanical "Issues" lol. Im not sure I would have made it a Williams 1,2,3....but you never know.That Circuit seems to go well with the Willy.

Definitely does...us MKII boys don't get to use that extra power we have, and the extra weight carried is hard work.

Was really noticeable watching Zollo round the slow twisty bit (near where we were all stood) - he was visibly quicker, maintained much more momentum.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
Tucks said:

I'm sure u would have made it a Williams 1,2 and 3..:D

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
Day said:
Think the track configuration was a little different from then.

Not according to Zollo, he came last year with us along with arj256 and said it's the same route we did.

He also said mentioned not using the ruts though did he not?

I wasn't even there but reading the facts.

Like Markcup all ready pointed out, it was always going to be a Mk1 track :D

I need to find me a N plate willy!

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
Day said:
He also said mentioned not using the ruts though did he not?

Eye he did mention that but have u seen my car??...Using the ruts would have meant leaving at least my sump and exhaust behind me, so with that I decided not to use the ruts....;)

Twingo 133
Was a good day, i enjoyed myself, cheers Tucks.
Be deffo up for another if i can get my name on the list early on this time ;)
Happy with my time, but my shocks are very much past there best. Bouncing up and down and making funny noises :S
Good to see the old times, forgot what i did last time lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
agreed...dan you are a nutter.....remember what i said to you during the day...lol

am still having withdraw symmptoms dam it...need to go again, i may get a job there as its local and get down on track everyday..

Freebone said:
agreed...dan you are a nutter.....remember what i said to you during the day...lol

am still having withdraw symmptoms dam it...need to go again, i may get a job there as its local and get down on track everyday..

lol, it wouldn't be quite the same as running SDV on the circuit, they use it to keep all their museum pieces ticking over. Whilst that will occasionally mean a blip in an XJ220, Viper or Turbo Esprit it was also mean days on end of running 95 year old cars around at 5 mph...not that would be a bad way to spend your life compared to sitting in a bloody office all day!

Know what you mean though, I would seriously be back out there next Saturday if I could.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ukaskew said:
lol, it wouldn't be quite the same as running SDV on the circuit, they use it to keep all their museum pieces ticking over. Whilst that will occasionally mean a blip in an XJ220, Viper or Turbo Esprit it was also mean days on end of running 95 year old cars around at 5 mph...not that would be a bad way to spend your life compared to sitting in a bloody office all day!

Know what you mean though, I would seriously be back out there next Saturday if I could.

sod doing that...SDV would be on there constantly

i only had one off! and mark cup did too!

I just have great confidence in my car lol. i know my car has the ability to keep up with the cups. i was trying to make it!

im not sure how much my car was tri-poding?

lol - tucks was brickin it a bit when i told him i had no brakes as they hadnt bedded in yet. we were approachin that top corner at like 70mph odd at the time and i was jammin it into 2nd to try slow my down in time! ha ha ha