ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards won't turn off...

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Checked the switch and it's not that.

Read about cutting the black/wire off which is soldered onto the pink wire off.
But... where is this located?

Behind the dash or underneath the scuttle panels?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have they randomly come on or will they not turn off after being turned on?

if its the latter, I had tht on my old car... Held the button in from Newcastle to boldon and kept hammering the button when stationary and it eventually turned itself off.

hope that helps

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
It's always on.

It's not my car it's a family members. Tried my hazard button and still does not fix it.
Think it's water in the alarm.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The switch is a common fault. Pop the switch panel off and unplug the switch and see if they to off. They're only a fiver on eBay.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
The switch is a common fault. Pop the switch panel off and unplug the switch and see if they to off. They're only a fiver on eBay.

It's not the switch as said above, it's water in the alarm/siren causing the hazards to always be on.

Clio 172 Replica
Have they randomly come on or will they not turn off after being turned on?

if its the latter, I had tht on my old car... Held the button in from Newcastle to boldon and kept hammering the button when stationary and it eventually turned itself off.

hope that helps

i giggled abit lol

1.5 dci Expression
I'll concur with Len on this one, Hazard switch!! Very common!! Easy to unplug and check, easier than messing with alarm wiring and stuff!!

Impreza RB5 #054
Off topic slightly but does anybody remember the old Vauxhalls you could plug the hazard switch in upside down and it would turn the ignition on? lol