ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDD upgrade for 13" pro - Momentus XT SSD Hybrid?

Mk2 Golf GTI
I use my MBP for DJing and the stock 250gb hard drive only has around 40gb left on it so I want to upgrade.

Does anyone have experience with the Momentus XT? It has 4gb of SSD memory and supposedly learns how you use your computer to load certain applications quicker. But is it true that 7200rpm drives are too loud and hot compared to the stock HDD? It certainly seems to load a fair bit quicker.

Any other recommendations?

I don't want to put all my music on an external as it's just another thing to carry around/plug in/go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Rav4
Just installed a vertex 2e and it's superb, really, really quick.

You need both speed and space.

Why don't you get a 60gb for the OS and a separate HD installed instead of the CD rom for the storage?

:)

Mk2 Golf GTI
I would like to do that but use the superdrive quite a lot to rip CDs to mp3 format and create backups etc. If I were to go that route and add the macbook air superdrive it'd cost me over £200. If that drive even works on an MBP?

Go cry to your momma!
I'll make yet another comment on an SSD related thread - sorry for bumping these guys!

You don't need the macbook air superdrive - you can get a liteon external DVDR/W that'll work just as well and is USB powered for £30.

Optibay, all the way.