ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hdmi 360

Mitsubishi Colt
will be a bit of a kick in the balls to all those with a "v1"

In the same way it would be if Renault made a few changes to a model and marketted it as the latest version, leaving those who'd bought the last model with sore nads?

Mazda MX5 1.8
wouldnt expect anything less from microsoft than to bring out the 2nd version to sway people away from the ps3 more

f**kers

I'm waiting for the x-box 360 cup, or should I wait for the 360 trophy, or should that be 370?? ooops, getting marketing lines crossed;)

Leon Cupra R 225
who gives a f**k? 270 quid big deal - my 360 looks superb through component on my samsung hd lcd tv

Well said :lolup:. Too many people on here get too bitchy over the geekiest things. Representing a distinct lack in an active social life!!! All imo of course.

Yaris Hybrid
I'm sorry but what difference does it make? Why have Microsoft screwed you over?

The existing machine will play all current and future games. It is not like the 32X or Sega CD thing where games designed for that system won't work on the original Mega Drive.

In fact it is debatable as to how you will benefit from the new system - if it exists.

It will have a larger hard disk but you will be able to buy them anyway and attach them to the old Xbox. Besides a larger HD is only any use if you download a lot of HD movies. If you are running out of space now then delete all those bloody trailers and demo's that you don't need. If you liked them you would have bought the full movie/game by now.

The HDMI side of things will only come into play if HD DVD's are released that use HDCP and at the moment they don't as they work with the component connection. As for the other issue it resolves - I don't have a 1080p TV and a decent model won't come down to a sensible price for a while and by then a new 360 will only cost £150.

So you can buy your Xbox V1 now and then upgrade to the V2 in a 18 months time all for the same combined price as buying one PS3. Plus you will get some money back from selling your V1.

As for the slightly improved cooling system that will I guess make it quieter?! Get yourself a decent sound system! If you can hear the fan over your sound system then to be honest you probably have it connected to a 14" portable B&W TV as well and are wasting your time with a 360 and might as well go back to a PS1.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
who said it makes a difference? i merely posted the link - doesn't realy bother me tbh

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i think what you may find are trading offers. like so you can trade in your old working xbox and get the new version, i don't think they owould screw us over like that.

I for example have an issue with this because my component won't display 1080p only 1080i, my vga port only displays up to 720p so the hdmi output would be an advatange especially if i wanted to get the hd drive and run it at full 1080p.... i will be annoyed if this is the case but i'd prob find a way to get the new version even if i had to sell the old one and get the new one in like a basic pack....i have all the premium pack stuff anyway

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i was joking! It seems he's trying his hardest to prove it, but I'm still not convinced. If it is true, one thing you can be sure of is that Microsoft will not be offering trade ins.

VW ....
you buy any electrical item one day & it's pretty much an old model the next day ... who cares .... the HD with the 360 just now is staggering enough .

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
According to microsoft press releases this was an experiment with wehat they could possibly do and there is no plan to actually bring this out.

you buy any electrical item one day & it's pretty much an old model the next day ... who cares .... the HD with the 360 just now is staggering enough .

I'm well aware of that but if it's the same price it would make sense if it was going to be released in a couple of months just to wait and get the later one. I'm not an impatient kid I've managed to last this long without going out and buying one ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
thats my theory^^^ i haven't bought one at present purely because the PS3 is out soon and i reckno a price cut is on the cards.

Same Reason I've held off, I was thinking of getting one at xmas but decided against it. Between the wii and the PS3 releases and preferring to spend less for a machine with apparently a 50/50 chance of getting the red lights of doom syndrome I'm in no hurry.

VW ....
you dunno what you are missing guys lol .... i held off & now i wish i hadn't lol .... yea ... am sad !

E91 M Sport
If it was the difference between HD and no HD, I'd upgrade. In reality, its the difference between analogue 720p and digital 720p (and will be for most people for the next year or so) which is more subtle than the difference between 720p and 1080p!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
its not likely to ever get a release anyway, and the 360 can already output in 1080p via dvi anyway although hdmi is the only format to support HDCP it makes no odds as its not enforced anyway, hdmi isnt better than component, some sets will look better via compnent some better via hdmi....

Monaro VXR
HDMI is not the only thing to support HDCP. DVI supports it as well. DVI and HDMI are virtually identical just HDMI carries audio information too Rather than just video. 360 outputs in VGA as far as I know there is no DVI cable you can put a DVI adaptor on the VGA cable though. Not sure if that would do anything though to be honest.

This is old news, and I dont see what the issue is?

HDMI and HD on composite will look identical.

The current xbox 360 can now output 1080P through the update everyone on xbox live will now have recieved (check out the menu, 1080p is now selectable) not that most have a 1080p tv anyway.

Bigger hard disk? This will be out as an option for the 360 v1 anyway, and has been planned for a long time.

Monaro VXR
There will be differences. Theres a difference between component and VGA and its a big one. I prefer VGA cable on my TV but looking at others it looks nicer via component. It all depends on the TV.

But i like being able to set the specific resolution with the VGA cable and that it up samples normal DVD's and since i use my 360 as a dvd player too thats a good thing and something you cant do with the component cable.

I thought the 360 upscaled it anyway no matter what connection its running, as long as its outputting a 720p + signal?

My DVDs certainly look a lot sharper when played through the 360 on component than on my stand alone DVD player on RGB.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I thought the 360 upscaled it anyway no matter what connection its running, as long as its outputting a 720p + signal?

My DVDs certainly look a lot sharper when played through the 360 on component than on my stand alone DVD player on RGB.
apparently it upscales with VGA but not component as the component standard doesn't allow it?