ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit keeps sliding out?

Hello,

just changed to a nice Sony head unit however it keeps sliding out? I'm 99% sure the wires at the back aren't restricting it from sitting in position correctly but it seems to just not want to click into position. The cage around the unit came with it, could it just not be compatible? Is there something obvious I am missing or could try?

i could always try jamming the gaps with something but would rather not to ensure it can be removed again when required.

thanks

The cage has some bits you need to push out to stop it from moving!

+1 to this, when you put the metal cage in, there are security tabs for you to fold down 'into' the dash of the car to hold the cage in place.
Then when you put the stereo in, it will latch into the cage, needing the supplied keys to remove it.

PH2 RS172
fit the cage in... bend the tabs round to hold it in... remove the switch panel and as you slide the hu in pull or lift the cables up so they sit on the top of the unit with a grabber tool or long screwdriver why... thats what i do. works everytime

Cheers guys. I ended up folding out the security tabs and it is much better but still not sat 100%. The left side will push all the way in but seems to have a force that wants to push it back out an inch. I guess it's the cables bunched up but have tried putting them in all different positions. Will try again as suggested above. Thanks again

Cheers guys. I ended up folding out the security tabs and it is much better but still not sat 100%. The left side will push all the way in but seems to have a force that wants to push it back out an inch. I guess it's the cables bunched up but have tried putting them in all different positions. Will try again as suggested above. Thanks again

I found when putting mine in, it was pushing out a bit too - i was able to sort of tuck the cable right down the back, there's bit of an opening on the right side i think, you might be able to tuck them down there.