ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit Wiring Question

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Right,

I have just pulled my CD Headunit slighty to take a look behind it. I noticed that there are 2 yellow fitting blocks that are not connected to nothing. I know one of them is for the steering remote (which im going to connect soon), but I noticed that the was ANOTHER yellow connection block. It has got 3 Green wires, 3 Browny wires and 1 Grey wire connected to it. Anyone know what this is for, as I have no idea. Pic is attached below...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/cutehomoboi/Yellow1.jpg

[Edited by cutehomoboi on 24 April 2005 at 3:28pm]

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by msa182 on 24 April 2005

CD changer?

Nope, dont think it is that because there is a CD Changer connection in the back of the head unit... Plus I dont even have a CD Changer in the car

no expert but could be the bit used for the feature which when you go faster the volume goes up or possibly what goes to the display screen to display things like track info

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

To turn up the volume, change radio station/tunning etc.

Should be situated to the right of the steering wheel colum near to the ignition switch!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by msa182 on 24 April 2005

To turn up the volume, change radio station/tunning etc.

Should be situated to the right of the steering wheel colum near to the ignition switch!

No, it is not for that as I said. There are 2 of these yellow connection blocks. The one for the steering remote I have put out of sight in the photo. But there is ANOTHER yellow block connection. But dont know what it is for ?! :cry:

HI, I THINK THAT THE CONNECTION BLOCK YOUR ASKING ABOUT, IS FOR THE RADIO STATION DISPLAY ON THE CENTRE CONSOLE.THEY ARE USUALLY CONNECTED TO THE BACK OF THE STANDARD FITTED RADIO/CD PLAYER.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by wozza on 24 April 2005

HI, I THINK THAT THE CONNECTION BLOCK YOUR ASKING ABOUT, IS FOR THE RADIO STATION DISPLAY ON THE CENTRE CONSOLE.THEY ARE USUALLY CONNECTED TO THE BACK OF THE STANDARD FITTED RADIO/CD PLAYER.

Nope, it isnt that either. If I tune my CD unit into Vibe FM, then the display with show Vibe FM, plus the text scrolls across the display saying which DJ is playing, what tracks, etc...

Any other suggestions?

Clio Sport 172

as long as your iso block is connected this yellow block surely has no purpose i would just leave it