ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring in head unit for OE volume control (I know, I know)

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
03 Clio 172, jvc head unit.

Bought the interface lead, bought the patch lead. Tried it all out yesterday and nothing!

I just want to check (from those in the know) that I've not overlooked something.

Lead plugged in to clock display, stereo all plugged in, phono jack plugged in to 'OE remote' plug on HU.

The only thing the instructions never mentioned was a wire off the resistive module, there is one wire where they've crimped a connector onto like you need to crimp it to a wire on either the car or HU. This wire is black/white stripe coming out the module & they've got a blue wire joined to it, insinuating that it connects to a blue wire. Now obvious was the remote wire out the HU, tried it plugged in to that and nothing, no OE volume control still.

Does this wire go somewhere else?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Here's some pics..

This is the wire in question (blue) the phono jack plugs in to HU. As I say, I tried the blue to the blue remote lead on HU. Now I'm looking at the pics I'm wondering if the extra wire that's off the back of the jack plug might go to the other wire looping them up? Depending on what the HU connection is like.

839775D9-CC5B-45C6-92E3-2FBC083528EB-24506-0000221CFD0885FC_zps71fbb6d0.gif

Also, on the box there's this empty female plug slot.

4F200FCC-C484-4F5B-888B-012BE0808518-24506-0000221D09DA2C54_zpsdf2550a6.gif