ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamps. Whats the coating thats kind of peeling off

clio 172 cup
My headlamps on my 172 are kind of scruffy, i only nooticed a few days ago that around the top of the lamps they seem crazed and almost like there peeling. Like a coating has been scratched off.
Anyone else seen this before? Can anything be done.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wet and dry paper, lots of water, rub like f**k, polish them back up to a nice new finish. Done.

(I'll find a link to it hold on...)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its actually the UV coating degrading...... pretty sure even though they can be brought back with cutting, the will never be the same as new

Mk5 golf gti
I followed that guide
and it did remove all the marks but it made them a bit hazy
maybe go over with some more 1200 then some scratchx again may make them perfect

i have some pics somewhere

clio 172 cup
just read that link. thanks. Looks pretty time consuming, people talking 2 hours per light! I dont think I have that kind of time. I dont think my life will be long enough to ever make that time back. Anyway, how much are new headlamps?