ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamps

my headlights have some really annoying marks on the insde of the casing, as the front bumper is going to off this weekend i was wondering if i also remove the lights can they be opened up in anyway to hopefully clear the marks?

Any help appreciated

182 Cup
Your car looks pretty new - what are the marks? Can you post a decent size pic? I would have thought that if there's a mark in a new headlight, it's either supposed to be there or should be changed under warrenty?

i'll get pics later, the marks are deffo not supposed to be there. I was thinking warrenty, Its a 56 so is still under warrenty

172 CUP/MGZR+TD
got mine apart today and gave them new look
P1010028.jpg

172 CUP/MGZR+TD
took about 2hrs to get it apart. Just a practice with the paint as it is only some odd citreon colour i had out this week.

good/bad?

that looks good that jewson, so how did you actually go about getting the lights apart and then putting them back together?

172 CUP/MGZR+TD
first put them is spraybooth, bake for 20mins 80dc
next very carfully run a blade around light between lens and backing cutting sealer.
next in one of the bottom corners very carfully insert a screwdriver between lens and back plate and lever (not for the the heavy handed!!!)

the lens should start to come away from the backing.

BE WARNED IT IS NOT AN EASY JOB AND IF YOU GET IT WRONG IT WILL BE ****ED

TO BE HONEST I WOULD LEAVE WELL ALONE

but saying that the clio ones were easyer than the ferrari 360 one i had to do. But at £1500 for one headlight you can spend a lot of time fixing.