ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight not working - help please!!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Hi all - cut a long story short.......my drivers side xenon main headlight bulb went last week so replaced that and thought that was job done......

However today the drivers side xenon main headlight has now gone. I'm rather dubious that that bulb has gone in that one as well and don't want to shell out more money on another rather expensive xenon bulb. I've checked the fuses but there is no problem there but I'm at a bit of a loss what I can check next.

I've done a few searches and seen the headlights relay mentioned but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.....can anyone explain or what I can also check, starting to get a bit fed up with everything that seems to be going wrong with my car now :dapprove:.

Any advice much appreciated!!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Hi all - cut a long story short.......my drivers side xenon main headlight bulb went last week so replaced that and thought that was job done......

However today the drivers side xenon main headlight has now gone. I'm rather dubious that that bulb has gone in that one as well and don't want to shell out more money on another rather expensive xenon bulb. I've checked the fuses but there is no problem there but I'm at a bit of a loss what I can check next.

I've done a few searches and seen the headlights relay mentioned but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.....can anyone explain or what I can also check, starting to get a bit fed up with everything that seems to be going wrong with my car now :dapprove:.

Any advice much appreciated!!

Sorry the passengers not drivers side main headlight has now gone!!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Take the known working bulb and stick it in the non working side. If it works then you know it's just a bulb. If it doesn't work you've got an electrical fault.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Should rule out the bulb first being as one is a new bulb and one is old.

Yep defo, such a bugger getting them out, managed to pull the starter out without the bulb last time and lose the wire connected to it inside the headlight!!

Could well be an earthing issue? I've got an earthing issue ATM and need to fix the bloody thing!

Will keep that in mind too, thanks