ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restoration

BG Clio 182
Had my MOT today and the state of my lights came up as an advisory. So i'm looking into getting them done, any recommendations on kits and is it straightforward for a complete novice like myself??

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have a machine polisher at all or know someone who knows how to use it?

I did mine last week and got decent results just from a few pieces of wet and dry paper that came to £3. Then used some decent cutting compount on the machine polisher and came up like new(ish)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have a machine polisher at all or know someone who knows how to use it?

I did mine last week and got decent results just from a few pieces of wet and dry paper that came to £3. Then used some decent cutting compount on the machine polisher and came up like new(ish)

I have just done my friends after work for her, couple of sheets of wet and dry that I had around the garage and hit it with megs 105 via da and they came up brilliant.

These kits seem a bit over priced to me.

Clio 182 FF
I used the kit and it made it easy. Not to say without the kit isn't, but just gave more confidence. Just make sure your drill battery will last as otherwise it gets annoying! I found it on sale somewhere so paid about £12 for it iirc.

I've done quite a lot of these now, done them by hand and with a polisher/drill, same great results each time.

Clio 182 FF
I did mine yesterday. Recommend the 3m kit
damenagy.jpg
basa2amy.jpg

Clio 172 cup
Wanted to but the 3m kit for my healights ive noticed they have loads of liitle cracks along them will the kit remove them aswell?

Clio 182 FF
Any recommendations on what to seal them with afterwards to prevent the same thing happening?

Clio
What grades of wet and dry do people suggest? The lights on my civic are cloudy but not severely pitted, I'm thinking 1500/2000/2500 then polish. Sound about right?

What grades of wet and dry do people suggest? The lights on my civic are cloudy but not severely pitted, I'm thinking 1500/2000/2500 then polish. Sound about right?
It worked for me. Some will say no to 1500, but I was OK.