ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight section loose

Iceberg 172
It seems like the actual fixture inside the headlight itself, which holds the whole cluster has come loose. Had a search for a guide but i couldn't find anything, mainly to do with faulty adjusters etc. This is working as i can here it trying to correct itself. I think the actual problem is another clip which holds it up. It seems this may have dropped as the light is sitting lower than the other and is super easy to move.

Clio 197
Is it just one side that is loose? If so, Is there nothing you can compare on the working side which will help identify what is missing?

Iceberg 172
Yeah just the one side thats loose, think ill have to take them off and apart to really know. Just wondering if there was a well known problem with clips or something deteriorating and leaving the lighting fixture loose with the unit itself.

Now Sold :-(
Check the following,

1. That the ball on the end of the rod coming out of the adjuster motor hasn't snapped off.
2. That the ball on the end of the rod coming out of the adjuster motor hasn't popped out of the clip that is attached to the reflector.
3. That the above mentioned clip that's attached to the reflector hasn't pulled off. (I had to superglue one back on that kept slipping off)
4. That the reflector hasn't been popped off one of the other two fixed ball/socket connections at the top and edge of the unit.

If its option 4 it's a real PITA to get them back on/in.

Hope this helps.

A6 Avant BiTdi, Z4MR
Resurrecting an old thread, but I have this same issue as point 4 above on a brand new Hella light, the middle ball/socket, the one that is above the levelling motor is not seated together, and no amount of coaxing will get it to pop back in. This is the 4th one I have had from Autodoc, all been the same. I dont see how I can get enough leverage, or any purchase to get them to pop together.

What is the knack as getting fed up of returning parcels!

thanks