ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Steamed up, help?

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys!

Noticed earlier there was an issue with my front right headlight! (pictured)

14856080796_9d2699d458_c.jpg
Untitled by djjoehryszko, on Flickr

There is a HID kit installed on my clio and the first thing i thought was that the rubber bung could not be inserted properly, I checked this and it was absolutley fine?

Any ideas as to how this might be fixed are very welcome!

Cheers,

Joe

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I had a similar issue on a pug 307 a few years ago. I used some silica based cat litter to draw the moisture out, it was fine after that. My headlight had an obvious break in the seal though, so i'd expect your's to be similar for that amount of moisture to have made it's way inside.

Mk5 Golf Gti
I had a similar issue on a pug 307 a few years ago. I used some silica based cat litter to draw the moisture out, it was fine after that. My headlight had an obvious break in the seal though, so i'd expect your's to be similar for that amount of moisture to have made it's way inside.

Some silica, okay mate!

It tends to 90 % go when it's hot but somehow goes back to that!