ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight stolen

Clio 1.2Dynamique
This is quite shocking a friend of mine had the headlights stolen off of his fiesta.. He lived on a quite back road and overnight they came mangled the front end of his car up and took the lights. Was over 700 pound to fix the damage. Have you not phoned the police?

If they nicked only one headlight and they knew how to do it so quickly and easily must mean there will be some lil chav driving a clio with your headlight. And obviously will stand out if they a xenon.

Edit: just read the whole post and seen you have their numberplate.
Im sorry but if it was me I would have hunted them down all night if I had too and took the headlight back and told them you have them on CCTV. if they want to play funny games.

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Im sorry but if it was me I would have hunted them down all night if I had too and took the headlight back and told them you have them on CCTV.
Doesn't sound like his car was fit for night time driving ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, thats some dedication!

The fact you have to remove the bumper and scuttle to get to the bolts that hold the lights on shows how much effort they put in!

I wonder if they knew what they were doing - i.e. quite knowledgable about Clios or simply worked at it as they went along?

Seems a ridiculous amount of hassle to nab just one headlight though? :S

D.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Surely they would nick both?! Unless it is someone with a crashed clio just stealing parts to fix his own car!

Civic Type S GT
I'd go F'ing ape sh!t if that happend to me! I know what i'm like, i'd go looking for them the little B'tards!!!
Where abouts are you anyway?

ITB BG 182
I thought the DPA was to do with personal information and private data.
There is none of that in a CCTV video. They stole your headlight as well! Why would you give a s**t about the DPA of those arseholes.
Just looking up on the Data Protection under section 13 it clearly states.
1- If identifiable images of the other individuals occur as part of the requested data, consent maybe required from all parties unless it is considered reasonable to comply with a request.

2 - Under section 13 DPA, Individuals who suffer unwarranted damage and distress as a result of any contravention of the act are entitled to go to court to seek compensation.

personally i would not post the pics or videos from the CCTV but i would get pics up of your car so people can see and also IF some computer hacking scrote on here was to steal the video and post it from an untracable ID then sod all could be done about it, apart from the admin/mods doing some CID work