ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight washer balls

VW Potato

mine have come off, local reno dealer says he wont fix a missing part under warranty. How did you guys resolve this please?

Im getting to the point where Im hating the Clio now - too much is going wrong and the dealers are complete pillocks. I can feel a swap coming along pretty soon for something that was built to a standard and not slapped together at a price.

g

Renault Laguna Coupe

This is a known problem - go to another dealer and never visit your local one again (who are they BTW).

VW Potato

when you tell them its an import, all known problems suddenly disappear...did your car have this problem Mike, and did your dealer fix it?

Todays unhelpful dealer is Baldocks who also gave me the runaround over the rust on my tailgate.

g

Astra 1.9cdti XP

They have to replace the part under warranty import or not!!! I have had 2 replace and no problems since.

Ring Renault customer service and say the dealer refused you service....im pretty sure youll get sorted then.....i did!!!!

Good idea Paul.. that should get it resolved!

There seems to be no continuity of service between Renault dealers. Makes this forum invaluable!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Same thing happened to me on Saturday, lost one ball, so I pulled the fuse so I didnt loose the other one. Havent contacted the dealer yet but will stress that it is a design fault and needs to be fixed it cant be that difficult for them.

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

I am on my 3rd set of washer balls. They seem to have glued the last ones in !! Replaced under warranty at Fish Brothers, Reading.

You dont mean Baldocks in Bracknell do you ? If so, good luck !

Dave

VW Potato

oh, and Delta reno claim that cars made in the EU are not made to EU standards. Interesting, that. I had that old chestnut that a car made for the french market has less corrosion protection, and that theres no EU warranty valid across EU countries. He knew he said, because hed worked for reno for seven years. Delta also said i probably havent got a paint warranty either, so i may have to pay to have my rust fixed.

Im now bored of this. Is there anyone at reno who isnt a) lying b) a dunce?

Druddle - is yours an import?

g

One of my balls fell off at the weekend.

Lets just hope can get it done on Warranty.

Does anyone know how big a job it is. Heard that they have to take the bumper off!!! lets hope the dealer doesnt screw that up either!!

cars booked in for a weeks time. Although, dealer wasnt 100% it was covered on warranty. Looks like a heated conv. coming there way!!.

Has anyone had same probs with there balls (oh err!!) was it warranty job (just incase i make a fool of my self arguing the point)

Both mine were also replaced under warranty.

Imported car. No questions asked by dealer - "its a known fault". Took 2 visits though, as they had to order in the repacement parts. As paul said, bumper off job that took them about 2 hours .

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 20 January 2003

oh, and Delta reno claim that cars made in the EU are not made to EU standards. Interesting, that. I had that old chestnut that a car made for the french market has less corrosion protection, and that theres no EU warranty valid across EU countries.
What would a frog want with a right hand drive motor?

They really are full of s**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Renault dealers are idiots

me on my own could do a better job

maybe renault should let us have a go at running a dealer for a week we would show em how its done

Scudetto - thats not delta renault in maidenhead is it???

Got the car booked in, service guys reckoned, all imports only had 1yr warranty!!! Think hes a yr outta date! just shows how sh*te they are.

Ill wait before they do the job before i put them in their place

VW Potato

yes Hammy, in that instance it is. The same guy told me Malta was in the EU, that cars dont conform to EU standards as theres no such thing. His line of defence was he knew this because hed worked for reno for seven years, which I thought was a bit like admitting that your entire education was provided by the Teletubbies.

Needless to say, it was a short call.

g

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

They need to remove the entire bumper just to put a 1 inch plastic ball back in? I thought I would just buy the ball for pence and just push it back in myself.

If it wasnt done on warranty how much did people pay to get this fixed?

VW Potato

must admit, Im baffled as to why the bumper has to come off. On reflection, I dont think i want reno taking the bumper off. Id rather be without the washer balls.

g

mines got one ball missing to, but i dont intend gettin it replaced until it goes in for its first servce... another 3000 miles yet and i dont expect any hassles as ive already had work done under warrenty no probs... acording to my dealer ALL Clios are made in the same factory and ALL european cars are the same standard only difference is that the dealer loses out... mine even told me to go get an inport coz he had trouble getting them when I wanted to test drive one, they didnt have one in and didnt know when they would. (this was some time ago, they dont have the same prob now) he said theyd service an import no probs....my hubby did buy his mg from them tho, maybe that made the difference??

Quote: Originally posted by Hammy on 03 February 2003

One of my balls fell off at the weekend.

Lets just hope can get it done on Warranty.

Does anyone know how big a job it is. Heard that they have to take the bumper off!!! lets hope the dealer doesnt screw that up either!!
Yes, the bumber is removed. There is no other way to reach these balls.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There is plenty of other ways to reach your balls.. ooo sorry misread.. :eek: