ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer jets gone!

Clio 172
Hi,

Just noticed that the tops off the headlight washers are gone do you think someone would bother to steal these? Or have they just popped off in the really cold weather? I am sure they were working properly the other day!

Anyone else had this happen? How much are replacement ends for the headlight washers?

Thanks
Mathew.

Audi S3 Saloon
One of mine has started leaking, it looks like the car is crying! I searched on here and people say it's £10 for the whole unit, anyone help?

I have the same problem,just one tho it must have popped out. Its cold weather mate, id like to know the part num for these and if they can be got seperately aswell :)

Hi,

Just noticed that the tops off the headlight washers are gone do you think someone would bother to steal these? Or have they just popped off in the really cold weather? I am sure they were working properly the other day!

Anyone else had this happen? How much are replacement ends for the headlight washers?

Thanks
Mathew.

Da

Less
You have to replace the entire washer unfortunately. The 'balls' cannot be bought seperately.

Darn! oh well anyone got a part num? for the whole thing, for drivers side? so i dont have to leave it 2 the numpties @ renault (thread hijack alert!)

DCi 100
I have a set mate, I'll have to check their free of any blockages just to make sure first mind.

Seems i hijacked his thread, best give Matt_turbo first dibs, if he doesnt want um and they are blockage free let me know what your looking for buddy!.

Clio 172
It's ok shameless172 you can have them I will just live with it for the moment. Bit annoying though when it sprays the car in front haha!

b/g 182, meg tourer
just plug up the hole with a rubber grommet (99p). i did. it smooths off the front end and the washers are s**t anyway, all they do is leak and get watermarks all over your clean car. no probs with mot with them removed either.

DSC01914.gif

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
77 01 207 168
77 01 207 152

no sure which one is left or which one is right but they are the correct part numbers :)

Audi S3 Saloon
Which side do you need shameless? Any chance I can grab the drivers side if yours is the near? If that's ok all? Mine is leaking all the time so drains my washer bottle all the time...not great at the moment! :dapprove:

DCi 100
Its quite funny pissing on the car in front!

I have on missing too, got the replacement but unsure how to fit..

They simply screw on with a bolt behind, with the pipe going through the bolt attached to the rear. All the pipes are clipped into the bumper lining inside so shouldn't have gone anywhere.

Probably hard as fook doing it without the bumper off, but possible if that area's the same as my 1.2.

DCi 100
Okay, had a play,

Was trying to get water through them and eventually figured out that there is a rubber seal inside, when pushed it releases the water.

oQRU3.jpg

For Daz:
SoP4r.jpg

That's how there set up behind the bumper dude.

I have the tubes shown there aswell, want to speak to whoever's having them about the bolts mind. Yet to check how much it will be to post.

Can have the full resolution pic if you want it to have a closer look.

Hi mate, id need drivers side , im happy to take both or split if the guy in this thread needs the offside. If not i might blank mine off, if renault or someone will sell me the blanking plates lol.

Depends on how much your looking for bud...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
just plug up the hole with a rubber grommet (99p). i did. it smooths off the front end and the washers are s**t anyway, all they do is leak and get watermarks all over your clean car. no probs with mot with them removed either.

DSC01914.gif

Liking that mate very classy !! :approve: will be gettin 3/4 plate soon too !

182+1.5DCI+S2000
i am in need of 2 of these also (in black), any idea where i could get some from cheers

b/g 182, meg tourer
or like i said x2 rubber grommets are 99p from halfords etc. problem solved.
just remember to blank off the pipes going to the washers. its very easy to do.
and to be honest the black grommet will look fine on any colour car. i kind of got the idea from the r26r, it uses simple rubber grommets where the washers were on the r26.

Clio 172
I think I will blank them off with rubber grommets I am not getting shafted for 13 quid each from Renault! I will just blank off the pipes then.

Audi S3 Saloon
Seems like everyone's decided to blank them off now!? How much Alex for the drivers side washer jet? Cheers.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
do you not need the washers for MOT time? I've lost the ball out of my passenger side one! but I've heard if you have xenons then you need the washers too?

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have never had problems with mot. they didn't mention it at all. heard mixed views on it tbh.
i figured that if it failed it would only take half an hour or so to put them back on.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
77 01 207 168
77 01 207 152

no sure which one is left or which one is right but they are the correct part numbers :)

77 01 207 152 is driver's/off side

mine went last week :dapprove:

does anyone know if birchdown remove the front bumper to do the belts, coz if they do i'll leave fitting it till i go there

DCi 100
77 01 207 152 is driver's/off side

mine went last week :dapprove:

does anyone know if birchdown remove the front bumper to do the belts, coz if they do i'll leave fitting it till i go there

Doubtful, but if it's up on the ramps it will be wee easy to fit it from below.

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
my l/h one has started to leak but only after i have used them, i was just gonna run some glue around the joint between the ball and the main body of the washer, but not over the squirt hole lol. does the ball come out easily? and can it not be repaired by replacing a washer or seal?

53 plate 172
Just noticed my drivers side has disappeared. Totall forgot I had headlamp washers to be honest. Not sure I can be arsed replacing it. Good idea about the rubber grommets mind.