ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight washer leaking

182 ff
the mot is due ,found out when I fill washer bottle right up,it leaks(pours) out just under the bumper(passenger side).
the headlight washers do work,but after a few minutes they stop ,because all the water leaked out.
the nozzles are not leaking..
do I try to fix it? or take a chance with the mot...take it in with the water bottle fully empty...I cant fill it up before its tested,cause it will flood the mot station..
if I fill the water bottle half way,the windscreen washers work but not the headlight ones..

182 ff
I took wheel arch mud guard off, could see it was leakin around headlight height, kind of got my hand near back of the nozzle(headlight washer) and tube(white bit at the end ,wasn't in the back of the nozzle very loose. pulled whole pipe out,
filled up with water again ,it all came out the end of the pipe(white bit).

when the pipe is fitted to the back of the head light washer,does this make the pipe water tight?or is there something broke before the water gets to the washers?.
think the bumper needs to come off cant reattach it,need arms like ET get at it.
the designer of the car needs shooting,,, every thing you try to do is a night mare,,

Clio sport 172
I have this same problem with the drivers side, I went to buy a one way valve at halfords and the man told me he only sold one type and it might not fit, he advised me to ring the main dealer and ask what size the tube/ pipe is? Does anyone know this?

182 ff
think it might be 5 mm. am popping to Renault soon, see we what they say..end of my pipe come off and water wont stop coming out,once you have started the wash.(took mudguard off see every part.

the end bit,not sure if its the valve is 11.28 plus vat... 7701207168..
ill update this after I see Renault..

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Fit one way valves. Couple of quid, and easy to do. Have a search

I found that only to be a very short term solution, they failed after a few months. In the long run I ended up buying new jets, they were actually very cheap.