ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights are blinding everyone!

02 Clio 172Mk2
Hi all.
I recently put my 172 in to Platinum Bath for some warranty work, and asked them to look at the height of the headlights because some people had been flashing me thinking I was running around on main mean instead of dipped. This not being the case - I asked Platinum to check the level and adjust if required. They did - but said it was too LOW, and they set it upwards even higher. Now the normal upper light band of my dipped lights runs at most cars roof levels and higher. After this adjustment, now it seems that 1 in 3 people flash at me when driving at night. I have xenons fitted. Visibility is excellent as a result, but is this normal, or have Platinum got it set wrong does it sound?
Cheers. :)

Yamaha R6
Genius said:
Hi all.
I recently put my 172 in to Platinum Bath for some warranty work, and asked them to look at the height of the headlights because some people had been flashing me thinking I was running around on main mean instead of dipped. This not being the case - I asked Platinum to check the level and adjust if required. They did - but said it was too LOW, and they set it upwards even higher. Now the normal upper light band of my dipped lights runs at most cars roof levels and higher. After this adjustment, now it seems that 1 in 3 people flash at me when driving at night. I have xenons fitted. Visibility is excellent as a result, but is this normal, or have Platinum got it set wrong does it sound?
Cheers. :)

Weired.. It should have automatice levellers.. ? Mind you.. its probably normal.. Xenons tend to blind people a bit more than normal headlights.. Try driving up to a garage and seeing at what sort of height the light is projecting upon it then report back..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
keep ur fingers on the trigger...they flash you, you flash them back....oh the fun...

They shouldn't be that high - just below the back window of the car in front would be about right.

I think there's a combination of manual adjustment and automatic levelling. Every time the local Renault garage has done work on my car, the N/S leveller has returned either disconnected or broke. I think they have seen my cold air feed and figure they can blame anything in that area on me.

Flashing someone who's already blinded by your lights is a sure-fire way to end up in a head-on collision...

/G

02 Clio 172Mk2
Is it possible that my self-leveller is broken (on both sides...)?? How can I test that it's a) connected or b) working correctly?

Thanks.