ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights stopped working and very strange noise from back end.

Clio Dynamic 1.2
I am so so confused here..

My car was making a really funny noise the pitch would get higher as I go faster and would get lower if I go slower, was worried my breaks were overheating badly as it seemed to have been coming from back end of the car so stopped at petrol station checked all tires and pressure is perfectly fine, then checked brakes were quite hot so poured TINY bit of water on them to cool them down as I was preparing for long motorway travel, checked engine bay seemed fine checked newly installed sub woofer seemed fine too connections were fine cables weren't overheating fuse was good, went to go head off and noticed that my headlights would no longer turn on :S full beam, fog's front & back, sidelights dashboard lights ALL come on perfectly fine no prob but headlights suddenly stopped coming on, also noticed that my sub woofer seems to turn on (noticed the thumb noise it normally makes once the key is turned) when I turn the headlight switch on my 03 Clio 1.2 dynamic ??

So basically my sub is working fine but seems to activate when turning light switch on, car makes VERY odd noise when driving not scraping noise just a constant winding noise sounds like a motorbike accelerating behind me.

headlights DO NOT work at all wont switch one, checked fuses (fine) checked bulbs (fine too) all other lights work fine?

Hope someone has a clue what this may be :/ help me out here I am desperate to leave for my mums wedding but can't go on motorway without a bloody light lol cheers!

1.2 16v
hi, i have no notion as to wat is going on with ur lights but would say u should never pour any amount of water on hot discs pouring water on hot disc is the worst thing u could do.... sudden fall in temperature can not only deform the disc but can also cause minor fractures, which may cause the discs to crack when brakes applied strongly

1.2 16v
The whining noise you're getting from the rear end sounds like a rear wheel bearing.

When you turn sharp left or right does it dissappear then return when your straighten up? If it goes away when your take a left corner then it's your left wheel, same for the right side if u take a right side corner.