ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat Shield Rattles

Trophy Turbo :)

Does any one else on the 172/182 suffer from the head shield rattleign at higer revs? it sounds proody awful on mine.? Any help on how to stop it?

Ive booked it in for a custom system but not till 23rd October ;-(

I wouldnt mind knowing how to stop it 2, My 4k rattle is now a all k rattle annoys the hell out of me

Danny

CLIO

my heat sheild underneath only rattles when im stationary,some dude said it was rattling because it was cooling down..more of a expansion crackling noise or vice versa..?

car? need a license 1st!

The heatsheild on my dads brand new laguna started rattling after he hit a flood, it got dislodged and became loose..

he took it to a garage and they just put new screws in i think, its easy enough to do.. heatsheild rattled on my first clio, so i just ripped it off.. didnt have any trouble

my rover had a massive heat sheild rattling problem.

4 srews hold it up and 2 holes had rusted away so it was half hanging down.

For that, i got an exhaust bandage and wrapped it around the heat shield tightly.

Never heard it rattle again!

Stuart

yer i agree but Renault make them out of ally but use steel screws and of course the water = Reaction = falls off coems loose. Its back to reno wednesday ;-)

had the car 5 Days been renualt 3 time now

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Just think yourself lucky!!

My 2.5 month old 182 has just started blowing on the exhaust!!!

yEAR THIS IS PROBLEM NUMBER 12 FOR ME I THINK, THE EXAUSTS STARTED TO BLOW IM GETTIGN REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY BUT ITS BOOKED IN ON THE 23RD OCT FOR A S/S SYSTEM.

I thought my heatshield was knackered on my Mk1 172 but it turned out the rattle was coming from the loose baffles within the exhaust centre section.

406 passion wagon..

I thought mine was the only one. Is more noticeable in 2nd gear when giving it some.

Dumb question, is the heat shield easy to access? Is it directly under the car?

PM me

Clio 1.6 16V

You really need to get right under the car using a lift or pit to adjust the heat shields properly. I found that by "plucking" the edges of the shields like a string on a guitar highlighted any problems. A little bit of bending here and there soon gets rid of any problems.