ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater blower blockage(?)

Many.
I've had a search, and couldn't find too much on this, so want a few more suggestions, I've not had time to have a proper look, just 10mins in the dark!

172 Ph2 with climate. Blower motor works, no pollen filter fitted, and all the flaps appear to move as they should (I watched the gears etc moving). Even with the blower on full, no actual air comes out of any of the vents (Dash top/face/floor).

Its basically got to be blockage IMO, just wondering if anybody had thoughts on where is most likely? I'm planning to pull the scuttle etc off thursday evening to have a gander.

Any help would be brilliant!

Many.
Actually, fixed this the other day.

Some dickhead had been playing with the blower motor and its wiring. Was wired up backwards, and thus spinning backwards!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Actually, fixed this the other day.

Some dickhead had been playing with the blower motor and its wiring. Was wired up backwards, and thus spinning backwards!
So it was basically sucking all the air out the cabin? Lol!

Many.
Certainly trying to! Explains why it sounded so loud without actually being able to feel any air coming out.

f**k knows why somebody had left it that way. Stupidly the previous owner had the car for 18months and never had a working blower lol