ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater/blower not working

hi al my 172 heater bloweris not working?
the air does come through hot or cold depending on the temp but the fan in the heater does not seem to work
is this a common problem

Clio 172 Mk2
hi al my 172 heater bloweris not working?
the air does come through hot or cold depending on the temp but the fan in the heater does not seem to work
is this a common problem

could be a couple of things mate, could be the heater resistor or the actual blower motor itself. I've had both go on me and had to replace them

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats a heater resistor pack thing which can be fixed at home. Pretty expensive to get from renault.

Worth trying to get one from a scrappy.

Mine broke and i wired the heater to stay on 24/7 until i got a resistor pack.

Now ive fitted my new one, my heater has a mind of its own :s

clio 182
if you bridge the connector that plugs into the resistor pack (far left and far right) the fan motor should turn on full,if this happens its deffinatly the resistor

yea i did bridge pin 1 and 5 and yea the fan did come on, so what part of the resistor is broken then as i have a fully qualified electriction in house but could not seem to find anything wrong at first look

clio 182
i dont know mate.its normaly the resistors i just bought a new one.if you mess it up trying to repair it ive got my broken one you can have if thats any help.lol

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Theres a guide on here for fixing it youself. Doesnt take long. But youll need to remove and then add solder

clio
I have clio mrk2 54 plate just fitted new motor and resistor, and still nothing checked the fuses they are fine also on the switch when I press recirculation the light comes on just no air