ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater controls (again)

ok, so i got the heater control panel off and have now found out why the heater doesnt work - the plastic bit that the wire from the loom plugs into is all black and burnt and melted, so is the bit it plugs into!

i went to a renault garage and they want £109 cos apparently the whole panel needs to be replaced.

anyone know if theres a cheaper and easier solution?

yeah thats what i thought. theres one near me that only has french cars so i might try there.

however, if its the actual plastic bit on the end of the wire that comes from the loom thats broken, thatll mean a whole new wiring loom thing wont it ?

Renault Sport clio 1

aslo try andyspares.com as they have a online catalogue thing and its cheap!

1st Call Renault in benfleet are pretty good if youre local - second hand heater control unit was only about £25 from there for a Renault 19.

Toureg vW Transporte

coulnt you cut it off and solder another onto it mate? just a thought, would be fairly simple

the wire always burns there or at the resistor pack in the motor.

Dont pay any more than a fiver for one from a breakers.

Like Clio16V_boy said chop the conector out and crimp/solder it onto your loom.