ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater fan playing up

Megane 2 GT 165
Ok here goes.

Yesterday evening I noticed a change in the blower speed of my Clio 2002 RS FF. (but did not check anything)

Today when I turned on the ignition, the blower started right up without the CC being on. The blower seems to be spinning at full speed. When I activate the CC the speed lowers and starts normally.

I tried to adjust fan speed by hand, but the fan did not react.

So all it seems to do:

- Full speed (when heater/CC are turned off)
- Auto (when the heater/CC are turned on) (It seems to work at a medium speed)
- Off (when the ignition is turned off)

Ok where to go from here? Need to change the dashboard part? of the Fan? Or is it due to the battery of the car being wack?? (day-trip resets) (I doubt this because when the engine is running, it isn't working ok aswell)

Thanks in advance All!

Megane 2 GT 165
Ok did some more searching and found I should try replacing the rheostat/resistor pack.

RS mk2 172
Mine has just started to do this today and oddly the fan now comes on after first click of the key when previously it only came on when ignition lights on??