ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Fan Question

Renault Clio 182
Hi, just a quick question about my heater fans on my 182.... last week my fans completely stopped, so I got the resistor pack repaired and re-fitted yesterday. However, the fans do work again now, but the fans will unexpectedly turn off and then a couple of seconds later they will go back on. When they go off and you change the fan speed on the climate control, they will then go on again straight away. Not really sure what the problem could be here, the resistor has obviously been repaired as the fans are working, but why would they keep stopping and starting. It seems to be worse when it gets hot in the car. I've done a search on the forum but nothing has been said about this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Check the wiring of the blower motor itself and the wiring of the blower motor controls. Check to see if they have melted at all which could be causing it to come on and off or get stuck!

Moogun B95
I would say that is a bad repair to the fet replacement. if the repairer didnt clean away the original bad heatsink paste and put new good heatsink paste in, this is exactly what will happen for a while, then it will pack up completely as the fet will burn out. I would also check the FET part no. should be something like a to249 package and the best replacement is something like a 064N mosFET. GSF do them brand new, valeo original part.. approx £35